Narration is not the best, and the facts are skewed some, but I remember having this on VHS and then loosing the copy.

Very brief (very very brief) overview of the air war in Vietnam. Mainly focuses on the Rolling Thunder timeframe, but has alot of good footage.

<iframe src="http://archive.org/embed/VietnamTheAirWar" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 1

That is brilliant - thanks for posting - like the way it gives an over view of the post war French involvement also

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Nyghtfall

View File SF2 Vietnam Scooters
      SF Vietnam Scooters - v0.95
      ===========================
      *** SF2, SF2V required. Tested in full 5-merged installation ***
      This pack includes 111 Skins for Thirdwires A-4 Skyhawk-models during Vietnam war from 1964 to 1972. It combines the former v0.01 and v0.02 releases into 1 pack.
      The data.inis for the planes itself are changed from the stockfiles (rearranged weaponsstations, added invisible skids for belly-landings, added new droptanks and missilerails, etc.).
      Sometimes a skin is provided for 2 different Skyhawk-models. This is done to represent different changes througout an ongoing deployment:
      - transition from one Skyhawk-variant to another (for example A-4E to A-4F)
      - retrofit of ECM-equipment (Project Shoehorn) (A-4C to A-4C_65, A-4E to A-4E_65, A-4E_65 to A-4E_67)
      - change in Camouflage (VA-155)
      Skins included (Timeframe 1964 to 1972):
      (compl.) means, that skins, for all deployments to Vietnam are finished for a squadron.
      Navy Squadrons:
      VA-12 Flying Ubangis (compl.)
      VA-15 Valions (1 of 2)
      VA-22 Fighting Redcocks (compl.)
      VA-23 Black Knights (compl.)
      VA-34 Blue Blasters (compl.)
      VA-36 Roadrunners (compl.)
      VA-46 Clansmen (compl.)
      VA-55 Warhorses (4 of 7)
      VA-56 Champions (compl.)
      VA-72 Blue Hawks (compl.)
      VA-76 Spirits (1 of 2)
      VA-93 Blue Blazers (1 of 4)
      VA-94 Mighty Shrikes (3 of 6)
      VA-95 Green Lizards (compl.)
      VA-106 Gladiators (compl.)
      VA-112 Broncos (compl.)
      VA-113 Stingers (1 of 3)
      VA-144 Roadrunners (5 of 6)
      VA-146 Blue Diamonds (1 of 3)
      VA-152 Fighting Aces (compl.)
      VA-153 Blue Tail Flies (compl.)
      VA-155 Silver Foxes (compl.)
      VA-163 Saints (compl.)
      VA-164 Ghost Riders (compl.)
      VA-172 Blue Bolts (compl.)
      VA-192 Golden Dragons (compl.)
      VA-195 Dambusters (4 of 5)
      VA-212 Rampant Raiders (compl.)
      VA-216 Black Diamonds (1 of 3)
      Marines Squadrons:
      VMA-121 Green Knights (compl.)
      VMA-211 Wake Island Avengers (1 of 4)
      VMA-214 Black Sheep (compl.)
      VMA-223 Bulldogs (compl.)
      VMA-225 Vagabonds (compl.)
      VMA-311 Tomcats (1 of 6)
      H&MS-15 Angels (compl.)

Unfortunately I failed at finishing this MOD! For different reasons, I decided to not invest any more time into this.
      I hope you can still enjoy this pack. Have fun!

Unpacking and installation:
      !!! IMPORTANT !!!
      !!! I recommend using this pack for a standalone-Vietnam-War MOD-folder, as planes.inis are changed accordingly
      !!! That means, that no exportusers are in userlist.ini
      Backup your A-4B. A-4B_65, A-4C, A-4C_65, A-4E, A-4E_65, A-4E_67 and A-4F planefolders, as .inis will be overwritten
      1. Create a temporary folder, copy all 3 zip-files into that folder and unpack them into this folder (overwrite is ok)
      Info: If you do NOT want to include the changed data.inis to your installation, just go to all planes-folders in the temporary folder (Objects/Aircraft/A-4B, etc.) and delete all ini.files in each planes-folder.
      2. open "Put_Contents_In_Your_MOD_Folder" from the temporary folder and copy the contents you want to your Vietnam-MOD-folder
      3. if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'
      4. Thats it!

Credits
      =======
      - Thirdwire and TK the game and models
      - FastCargo for the fakepilot
      - Alejandro for Escapac-Seat
      - OldDiego for pilotmodels
      - ravenclaw_007 for AGM-12C+E Bullpup
      - ???? for Walleye_I model
      - ???? for sounds
      - me - template, skins, decals, ini- and 3D-work of tanks, rails and addons, walleye-repaint
      P.S.
      ====
      This MOD or parts of it may not be included in any PAYWARE-packs, PAYWARE-mods or "PAY"-related. It is free!
      If you use the MOD or parts of it, you should give proper credits.

Submitter Nyghtfall Submitted 10/13/2022 Category A-4  
    • By Nyghtfall
      SF Vietnam Scooters - v0.95
      *** SF2, SF2V required. Tested in full 5-merged installation ***
      This pack includes 111 Skins for Thirdwires A-4 Skyhawk-models during Vietnam war from 1964 to 1972. It combines the former v0.01 and v0.02 releases into 1 pack.
      The data.inis for the planes itself are changed from the stockfiles (rearranged weaponsstations, added invisible skids for belly-landings, added new droptanks and missilerails, etc.).
      Sometimes a skin is provided for 2 different Skyhawk-models. This is done to represent different changes througout an ongoing deployment:
      - transition from one Skyhawk-variant to another (for example A-4E to A-4F)
      - retrofit of ECM-equipment (Project Shoehorn) (A-4C to A-4C_65, A-4E to A-4E_65, A-4E_65 to A-4E_67)
      - change in Camouflage (VA-155)
      Skins included (Timeframe 1964 to 1972):
      (compl.) means, that skins, for all deployments to Vietnam are finished for a squadron.
      Navy Squadrons:
      VA-12 Flying Ubangis (compl.)
      VA-15 Valions (1 of 2)
      VA-22 Fighting Redcocks (compl.)
      VA-23 Black Knights (compl.)
      VA-34 Blue Blasters (compl.)
      VA-36 Roadrunners (compl.)
      VA-46 Clansmen (compl.)
      VA-55 Warhorses (4 of 7)
      VA-56 Champions (compl.)
      VA-72 Blue Hawks (compl.)
      VA-76 Spirits (1 of 2)
      VA-93 Blue Blazers (1 of 4)
      VA-94 Mighty Shrikes (3 of 6)
      VA-95 Green Lizards (compl.)
      VA-106 Gladiators (compl.)
      VA-112 Broncos (compl.)
      VA-113 Stingers (1 of 3)
      VA-144 Roadrunners (5 of 6)
      VA-146 Blue Diamonds (1 of 3)
      VA-152 Fighting Aces (compl.)
      VA-153 Blue Tail Flies (compl.)
      VA-155 Silver Foxes (compl.)
      VA-163 Saints (compl.)
      VA-164 Ghost Riders (compl.)
      VA-172 Blue Bolts (compl.)
      VA-192 Golden Dragons (compl.)
      VA-195 Dambusters (4 of 5)
      VA-212 Rampant Raiders (compl.)
      VA-216 Black Diamonds (1 of 3)
      Marines Squadrons:
      VMA-121 Green Knights (compl.)
      VMA-211 Wake Island Avengers (1 of 4)
      VMA-214 Black Sheep (compl.)
      VMA-223 Bulldogs (compl.)
      VMA-225 Vagabonds (compl.)
      VMA-311 Tomcats (1 of 6)
      H&MS-15 Angels (compl.)

Unfortunately I failed at finishing this MOD! For different reasons, I decided to not invest any more time into this.
      I hope you can still enjoy this pack. Have fun!

Unpacking and installation:
      !!! IMPORTANT !!!
      !!! I recommend using this pack for a standalone-Vietnam-War MOD-folder, as planes.inis are changed accordingly
      !!! That means, that no exportusers are in userlist.ini
      Backup your A-4B. A-4B_65, A-4C, A-4C_65, A-4E, A-4E_65, A-4E_67 and A-4F planefolders, as .inis will be overwritten
      1. Create a temporary folder, copy all 3 zip-files into that folder and unpack them into this folder (overwrite is ok)
      Info: If you do NOT want to include the changed data.inis to your installation, just go to all planes-folders in the temporary folder (Objects/Aircraft/A-4B, etc.) and delete all ini.files in each planes-folder.
      2. open "Put_Contents_In_Your_MOD_Folder" from the temporary folder and copy the contents you want to your Vietnam-MOD-folder
      3. if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'
      4. Thats it!

Credits
      =======
      - Thirdwire and TK the game and models
      - FastCargo for the fakepilot
      - Alejandro for Escapac-Seat
      - OldDiego for pilotmodels
      - ravenclaw_007 for AGM-12C+E Bullpup
      - ???? for Walleye_I model
      - ???? for sounds
      - me - template, skins, decals, ini- and 3D-work of tanks, rails and addons, walleye-repaint
      P.S.
      ====
      This MOD or parts of it may not be included in any PAYWARE-packs, PAYWARE-mods or "PAY"-related. It is free!
      If you use the MOD or parts of it, you should give proper credits.

• By Pampero5
      Hello! Im creating a custom campaign on ECUADOR-NSA fantastic terrain, inspired on the81' incident between Ecuador and Peru but moved up to a bigger-scale war 
      So, the basics are there, every unit of the two countries, their bases and their characteristics, the aircraft etc. That is ok
      The in game menu too, campaign is choosable, it creates and both sides with their respective squadroons can be choosen. The campaign starts but here comes the problems
      1) In the ecuador side everything works well until the mission is finished= Crash to desktop
      2) On the Peru side, its worse: No matter what unit of what home base you choose, you always start in the middle of nowhere, only blue sky at sight and the game becomes unresponsive, only way out is the desktop. If i look before launching the mission on the map what is odd is this: No matter what unit and whith its home base you choose, the game appears to duplicate it and launch you at the bottom of the map in the middle of the sea
      idk where the problem could be, i copied desert duel's campaign "base" (air offensives, generic targets etc) because i couldnt find much knowledge about this part. 
      If somebody has a clue, let me know, thank you in advance!
    • By Ferrilata
      Hi! I'm trying to start building addon campaigns for eburger68's amazing SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion mod. I'm trying to start by making a "red" version of the Easter Offensive campaign called "Red Fiery Summer", where the player is a VPAF pilot in an alternate Easter Offensive where the PAVN/NLF ground forces had air support. The missions would be more varied than the ones in eburger68's own VPAF addon, with strike, recon, and CAS missions in addition to CAP and Intercept.

If anyone can help me get it set up and working, or at least teach me how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
      Attached below are my files for the campaign as they currently exist
      Fer_RedFierySummer.INI
      Fer_RedFierySummer_DATA.INI
      Fer_RedFierySummerEnd.TXT
      Fer_RedFierySummerSTART.TXT
      Fer_RedFierySummerSTART1.TXT
    • By GKABS

View File M163-PIVADS (Vietnam war)
      Hello and thank you for downloading my work.
      https://gkabs.net
      https://gulfknights.net
      What's included:
      M163-PIVADS model (Vietnam war) with 3 textures.
      All my files should include the Strike Fighters 2 Series game file (.old) and the texture required. (tested and work only for SF2)
      Installation:
      Copy files to their proper folder
      add this to your soundlist under the Flight folder if you don't have it listed there.
      SoundFileXXX=Vulcan.wav
      Note Change the XXX with the last number in your soundlist 
      If you need any further help please read the Knowledge Base at:

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/
      LICENSE:
      You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2. For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
      gkabs@gkabs.net
      Credit goes to the following:
      Third Wire for making this outstanding game.
      Credit goes to https://www.textures.com as I use a lot of their photos to create the skins.
      Google for some photos and information.
      And finally not to forget the wonderful site of https://combatace.com and all the nice members and their dedicated support for this game.
      Software used:
      3d Max 2009
      UVLayout v2 Pro
      Substance Painter
      Adobe Photoshop

If you need any assistance please contact me at 
      gkabs@gkabs.net
      gulfknights.net
      Submitter GKABS Submitted 04/12/2022 Category Ground Object Mods  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..