Hi All!

Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone's summer is progressing. Things are pretty quiet here - which is a nice change of pace from the last six months. Diving back into my games - especially OFF (Olham: I'm still using your terrific Wilhelm Roth "R" skins).

So, how is everyone here? What are you playing these days now that we're still in a holding pattern for WOFF?

Hope everyone is well!

Cheers!

Glad to hear all is well Captain!

I'm still flying OFF. I have about 12 pilots going and I tend to alternate according to my preference at the time. I've read about 6 books over the last 5 weeks or so and I'm learning many new tactics from the best. Here's a list:

1) Terror of the Autumn Skies: The True Story of Frank Luke by Blaine Pardo

2) Ace of Aces by Rene Fonck

3) Flying Fury: Five Years in the Royal Flying Corp by James McCudden

4) In the Company of Eagles by Ernest K. Gann (historical fiction)

5) Fighting the Flying Circus by Captain Eddie Rickenbacker (currently reading)

6) Billy Bishop: The Courage of the Early Morning

But now I have a few vacations than back to the books for the next year so this is my last hurrah as they say.

(Olham: I'm still using your terrific Wilhelm Roth "R" skins).

Great to hear, Capt! Did I make a D.III skin too?

Hello Capt....2 many games so little time,Still flying OFF,but got the new Tomb Raider (excellent game),Skyrim,L.A Noire,and Fifa .....Just waiting now for WOFF

Been mostly playing Rift (since it went Free to Play), Skyrim and some RoF lately. Waiting on WOFF to jump back into the OFF world.

For Rift I have been experimenting with various Warrior souls to create a good solo dps character with strong survivability skills. So far Paragon/Warlord/Champion combo seems to mop stuff up pretty good. Champion/Paladin/Warlord is great for harder boss fights.

For Skyrim I'm running a Bosmer (Wood elf) Stealthy Archer Assassin type. Nothing like seeing an arrow sticking out of an eyesocket to know you made a good shot!

RoF is just the occasional quick mission and once in awhile I run PWCG, which does a pretty good job.

So much work, so little time... I didn't realize how much job-related travel I've had until I noticed I'd made the first level of airline preferred status earlier this month.  At home, I've been mowing and chopping and digging and planting and spraying,and maintaining all the machinerey that I need to do so - with nearly 6 hilly acres to try to make managable, summers are busy.  Summers?  As soon as I can get out in late winter!

I don't play other computer games, I just like my flight sims.  I haven't been able to really settle back and fly for months now, but will occasionally fire up OFF or CFS3 ETO (when my brother-in-law comes over) or even FSX for a spin around my hometown.  But for fanatstic views and realism, OFF HiTR is simply gorgeous, I'll just "free flight" that for the fun of flying and the beauty of the scenery.

And I'm as anxious as all of you to see WOFF; but I sure understand what the devs are up against trying to put out such a major and definitive body of work while holding down day jobs - I can't even manage to fly regularly, much less code!  And I lurk on here at work, I love the cameraderie of this site.

HD.......just love the pic....and skewed decoration at the bottom of your posts......

Thanks, gaw!  The pic represents my approximate skill and "barmy-ness"level, & I'm quite proud of my badge!  A few others have them around here, if you look... You may wish to ask Olham or RAf Louvert about what it all means...

Just hoping I can get (meaningfully) back in the air soon.  I've D/L'd 3 versions of Lothar's OFFice bundle of add-ons and have yet to get one installed...

Edited by HumanDrone

Great to hear, Capt! Did I make a D.III skin too?

Hi Olham! Good to hear from you too! I don't think you did. You did do an all black DII with a blood red "R" for Roth which was gorgeous. I frequenly use both.

Hi Olham! Good to hear from you too! I don't think you did. You did do an all black DII with a blood red "R" for Roth which was gorgeous. I frequenly use both.

Okay then - check your messages, Capt.

Hi Cap;

Like everyone else I'm chomping at the bit to get WOFF, but in the mean time I play OFF P3 exclusively when I have the time. I never seem to tire of it.

I'm retired so I spend most of my time doing things I like. Hope you and yours are keeping well.

Best Regards;

Hi CaptSopwith,

this'll have to a winter update from down here.

Still find OFF pretty engrossing so don't pay

much heed to WOFF: still some way off, I expect.

Other games? Not really my thing although I do enjoy

The Battle for Middle Earth now and again.

Oh, and I fired up First Eagles the other day and had

a very enjoyable session. I suppose I should really

have a go with ROF again- I just can't get into it,

no idea why.

Learning some Arthur Blake songs and related stuff.

Food for the soul.

All the best Capt, may the quiet times continue.

RS

• Like 1

Hey guys, good to hear from you all. Hope things are good!

I've been spending time with my fiancee in Los Angeles since graduating college in December and have been working as a Legal Assistant here. Saving up a nest egg to move back to Wisconsin (probably Milwaukee) in '14 and bring her and her dogs with. And as always, I'm studying the LSAT in my free time to prepare for my (eventual) entry into law school. Just got back from a two-week (family) business trip to Central America; it was a good time.

I've been playing a lot of Planetside 2 and Mechwarrior Online this year, but I haven't had too much free time over the summer. The last game I played was in June when I spent an entire weekend playing through The Last of Us, which was amazing and I do highly recommend it. This week I've purchased Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, Tomb Raider and Just Cause 2 off of the summer Steam sale. I'm not sure when I'll actually have a chance to dive into any of them, but it's nice to add to my ever increasing backlog.

I miss Flanders Fields and would like to play it soon. I still have my old RAF Casey Joyce campaign to complete before WOFF comes out!

Javito,

I take it "Moya" is running well.

Did you ever get the Tt Chaser Mk-1 ?

I have two extra color shift fans in mine, it does look sweet and I can change the colors to fit my mood.

• Like 1

Heya Mudwasp, good of you to remember my girl's name! :air_kiss:

No Chaser Mk-I yet I'm afraid. I've made a number of upgrades to Moya this summer, including a GTX 770, new mechanical keyboard (cherry blue of course) and a new Sennheiser PC363D headset to replace my the same crappy Turtle Beach ones I'd been using since my first college job years ago. In addition, I also had to buy plane tickets for myself and some $300 dresses for my fiancee's Blythe doll collection. And I've still got her birthday on Aug. 7 bearing down on me!

In short, while I'm not "low on funds" persay, I thought it prudent to spend some time working and stabilizing my finances before I spend more on my system. However, rest assured it's #1 on the list and will be coming in September/October. It'll be absolutely glorious.

Thanks for sharing your updates of goings on. For me, work and property upkeep. You know, all the real life stuff that seems to happen to us all at some point. As for gaming it's been modded Oblivion and Modded Skyrim. Finally playing with mods after so many vanilla go arounds has really added to the pleasure of my gaming experience. Why was I so reluctant?

I'm still around. Spending more time in Italy this year and cycling around 150 miles a week both there and in UK. When I get time to sit at a computer it's flying with OFF and some playing of Legend of Grimrock too.

Good to see some old faces here.

It's like Old Home Week around here, and it's great to see you lot still hanging about.  I've been far too busy with work and my flying time has been nearly nil for quite a stretch now.  Like Hellshade I am waiting to jump back into OFF until WOFF is out.  What little stick time I do get has been over in ROF trying out Pat's Campaign Generator and painting a few planes.  While Mr. Wilson's CG is a huge improvement over ROF's beta campaign it still does not compare to OFF's.

So who's up for a game of darts and a round of pints over at the Officers' Mess?  :smile:

It's like Old Home Week around here, and it's great to see you lot still hanging about.  I've been far too busy with work and my flying time has been nearly nil for quite a stretch now.  Like Hellshade I am waiting to jump back into OFF until WOFF is out.  What little stick time I do get has been over in ROF trying out Pat's Campaign Generator and painting a few planes.  While Mr. Wilson's CG is a huge improvement over ROF's beta campaign it still does not compare to OFF's.

So who's up for a game of darts and a round of pints over at the Officers' Mess?   :smile:

It is indeed, heartening to see all of the old names coming out of the woodwork! I was getting a bit worried (as you saw in my other post...). I'll happily take up a game of darts, and make my pint a Guinness!

PS: Glad to see PW is still working on all things WWI - I remember he had a terrible time of things years back (I believe his wife passed away quite unexpectedly).

I too play some ROF when I get time but with my system, if there are more than a half dozen planes on the screen ROF drags to a slow-motion crawl. Not sure there's anything I can do to fix that - short of buying a new system. And being a PhD Candidate, I don't have a lot (read: any) extra income right now.

So who's up for a game of darts and a round of pints over at the Officers' Mess?

No need to ask, Lou - just get the first coupl'a pints and my company will be a bonus!

Good to see you about, Lou.  I, too have been pretty much "grounded" by real life...  But over the summer, this near tee-totaller, who in particular never developed a taste for beer, discovered that he actually likes Guiness!   (I am, after all, mostly Irish by heriatge...)

So, yes, I second Olham: set up the pints!  We need to have a pre-WOFF windup, as anticipation is building!