Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

StartDefaultDate=1

what happens if all the skins in ini file have StartDefaultDate=1 ? I noticed that some aircraft had that parameter fixed thatway for more than one plane in the ini file of the aircraft. Does that mean that skins will appear randomly and not just the default one as in SF1 series ? I'm talking about single missions. It would be great to be thatway but it's too good to be true I'm afraid...

if you make a date f.e. 1959 then the skin appears not before 1959.

Check my argentinean Canberras, there i used the method to let the

skins show up historical correct.

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 1

Please read my post ..again :). I asked what is hapening if I put ALL the skins to default 1. I didn't say anything about any...date so your example doesn't, unfortunately, cover the..."topic" :)

Oups, sorry my bad! :-D

Then try it out! ;-)

choose an ac and set all skins to start date 1. ;-)

I bet the texture which is 1st in the aircrafts ini will only shown up (if the skins are all the same nation). Otherwise the skin which matches with the nation you have choosen will show up 1st.. ;-)

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 1

chaos will ensue, evilcommbuildings will rise up to smite you, and Dave will get a pony. in short all the worst parts of the apocalypse.

just kidding.  I like to set mine so that the skin will default to appropriate for the year selected. but try it and let us know what happens!

well I put all the MIG-17s to 1 and play to see what it happens....and , of course, as always, I will let you all know :)

StartDefaultDate sets which year the skin should be used by default, most have multiple skins and the game can change the default skin based on year.

I'm using StartDefaultDate=1 for skins that I want to be the default if the date is before any other StartDefaultDate skins. (if its not there, it'll just use the first texture in the list thats not dated).

TK

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?p=47466#p47466

• Like 1