UllyB

2 more small errors discovered in SF2

1.If you press Y key , to see friendly aircraft which are very near and IF....that particular selected is havin a high speed (from 0.9 mach up) the interface will show, IN THE SAME TIME,  his speed in kts and in mach :), but ALL in the same "sentence" if you know what I mean :D., and you can't see anything clear because of that.

2. It seems that the red crown (awacs or what it is) "knows" where the enemy is , even if it didn't start any engine. If you ask red cron for threats, BEFORE the target aircraft are airborne, it will reply:

"multiple bandits, 50 miles , angel (and now come the best and laughable part) ZERO, heading north !...lol So , translating it would be : "they didn't yet take off, but they are on the runaway , facing north", which is too much even for an USA AWACS...:) I got this when I was flying a Mirage 5D and I was heading to Israel south border. In my opinion, this red crown thing should be erased, at least when you play with arabs aircraft, they didn't have AWACS in those times if I remember correctly. I think not even the Israelis didn't have airborne control in 67. But I remember they had one in 1976 (Entebbe job). I know that this red crown is from WOV times and never got off. Maybe it would be nice if TK and the gang would make a real AWACS and all the commands would work.

1) The series was only intended to be played from one side, so the game engine will assume that you are flying a Western Powers/NATO or Israeli aircraft.

2) AWACs are only available by default with SF2NA, or on any terrain that meets the "naval map" parameters established with SF2NA

3) "Red Crown" is not an AWACs callsign.  It is a GCI station. Red Crown referred to a GCI controller on a ship in the Gulf of Tonkin, during the Vietnam war.

Edited by Fubar512

Yes, the Red Crown is ok for Vietnam. That was the code for the ships actings as control in the Gulf of Tomkin. Other aircrafts in electronic observation over Laos also comunicated and reported with Red Crown.

For Middle east that was by Israel a GCI by the times of the War of Attrition(March 1969). Also the UARAF/EAF had his GCI by 1970, a chaine of observers and a situation room, like the RAF in 1940.

Edited by regula50

Nice findings. I just hope TK releases another patch fixing at least one of those issues. Actually, I already noticed the first bug while pressing another key, probably F4... well, the one that lets you see all the aircraft, friendly and enemy. 

Those so-called issues have been present in the series since 2002.  I seriously doubt that ThirdWire even considers them to be of any importance, nor finds them detrimental to game-play in any way, shape or form.

• Like 1

Those so-called issues have been present in the series since 2002.  I seriously doubt that ThirdWire even considers them to be of any importance, nor finds them detrimental to game-play in any way, shape or form.

I agree but, now iit is not 2002 anymore. TK's sim made a step forward to a BETER one with the SF2 series so the expectations are greater, too. The Red Crown thing must disappear at least form WOI and other places where it doesn't belong. The argument that this thing doesn't have impact to the gameplay doesn't stands, from my point of view. It is as if I am in a restaurant and eat my meal and in the lobby there are two cows, Of course , I can eat with two cows in the lobby but, they don't BELONG there. With the fame you earn creating a very good thing comes the RESPECT and RESPONSABILITY for everything you put in it so...the polishing must never stop. Maybe some wouldn't agree with me, it's their right, but this is my opinion and I felt I had to present it. I hope I didn't bother any pride.

Well, just to let you know, such issues are VERY low on TK's to-do list, so don't have any expectations - it will save you some disappointments... :biggrin:

• Like 1

thank you, that's nice of you :)