Interesting, it looks like they took the Silent Eagle approach with this one...

Nobody as far as I know is working on that.

Erik looks like you had this job :)

You're the expert on F-18

Thanks.. but only to a degree unfortunately.  Anyway, its been brought up but there so far isn't any plans to as it's still (AFAIK anyway) being tested by the Navy.

IRL, if it is affordable, it might work as a technology demonstrator for further Rhino upgrades. In game, much of its tech can´t be replicated properly.

Can I ask why not download any files you can not download the file today?

This is like the Silent Eagle, or the F-16XL, or the Tomcat 21, or the F-20, or the A-7F, or any of a number of proposed upgrades that never got farther than a couple of flying examples if they were lucky.

It's funny that they've used up to the G, making this H, because your first instinct is to say "Oh, H is for Hump. My humps. My Hornet's lady bumps."

• Like 1

^ :lol:

SidDogg

Wait ill you see my conformal external weapons pod, wait ill you see my conformal external weapons pod, Ima beat dat FLANKER up....

• Like 3

Wicked Hornet!

No, I've got a better one:

HORNY HORNET!!!

Edited by SFP1Ace

Officially it's Advanced Super Hornet. Score one for the marketing team.

And I thought it was just an export version for Greece!

Thought the H was taken 

gallery_8064_327_9222.jpg

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 4

LOL @ MigBuster

Seriously though, the conformal fuel tanks make the SH look better.. probably makes it even less agile tho.. The weapon pod looks like ass though and does not appear to hold very much. I'd still pick this over the F-35C.

Looks like the pod holds 2 AMRAAMs or SDBs. No, certainly not a large payload, but if you want that you send a B-2. :grin:

Can I ask why not download any files you can not download the file today?

Erik is working on the site. Upgrading it etc etc etc.....keep your shirt on. :airplane:

Looks like the pod holds 2 AMRAAMs or SDBs. No, certainly not a large payload, but if you want that you send a B-2. :grin:

It's supposed to hold four AMRAAMs or four GBU-38 JDAMs if my mind serves me correctly.

If an export version for Greece is desired, I can work it out. Just gimme some time.

Although the ASH would be an interesting addition.

Actually we're talking about the real world aircraft this time (it's assumed that the "H" version are the new versions of the Super Hornet) but then again it'd probably look pretty cool in Greek camo...

Edited by EricJ

I knew that we were talkin' about the real world. I was just referring to an earlier post. :smile:

Edited by ValAstur
  • Like 1

So, if Greece bought that model...would it be the F/A-18HH?

Why does Greece "collect" jets. No wonder they are broke. F-16's, M2K, and Super Dupper Hornet is quite a mix.

Well, the F-18H would be a good replacement for the A-7 and F-4 when they get too old, something abit heavier and more... substantial than the F-16 or M2K. But yeah, if you have financial problems new fighter jets should probably not be the first thing or your agenda.

I can't see Finland ever affording to replace our classic Hornets the way the prices keep rising.. Maybe JF17? Lol.