i'm working on some lo-viz skins for naval F-4s and had set up the universal skin, that is the jpegs in the main aircraft folder and then texture set and decal ini in the skin folders.  THENNNNNN.............. I patched. now everything stock or stockish  still works but STORM's F-4N doesn't accept this method anymore. had to put all bmp files into the skin folders.   esp weird cause I have a F-4J that this does work on, but no joy with Storm's N. and the main folder skin works on the DLC N. any ideas?

btw the J_xx and Storms N are BMP, the DLC N_xx are JPEG.

edit F-4S is fine too.  just cant use jpeg OR bmp outside the skin folder in STORM's F-4N.

Edited by daddyairplanes

Texture name conflict?

no. it works in the skin folder (exact same file) just not outside. kinda sucks cause it was saving space on around 21-23 skins.

Check lod statement in main ini file matches the name in the skin folder. When that updated it might have reverted STORM's N to the DLC.......

just thought of that on the drive into town this morning. haven't had time to check it out yet, although STORMs N referenced the B_67.  will get back to you all when I check it out.

no joy.  STORMs still matches the current F-4B callouts.  whats esp weird is that it doesn't work outside the skin folder but does inside.  if no fix it will reduce the number of aircraft I release but greatly increase the overall file size as I had the years down (N_77, N_79 and N_83) to cover the 3 later paint schemes.  if I have to leave the bmps in the skin folder then I can just release one F-4N upgrade.  well two counting the DLC.

Edited by daddyairplanes