In any terrains' MOVEMENT.ini is there a specified max distance between "RoutePositions"? Can there be just two positions, a Start and an End point (only two positions)? Or do I have to make many positions that are only a mile or so apart from each other till I get to the last "RoutePosition"?

depends on what it's for, I think

for example, a truck route I usually start 2 tiles away from a 'given' city (if there are cities on the map), and usually run them for 10-15 tile widths

for ground attack (tank, troop assault) I try to keep them fairly close, as even our 'long range' artillery ain't so long ranged (for routes that may come up against a 'fortified' position). Infantry is a whole nuther thing ... they move so slowly, and have such short ranged weapons ...

3 tiles total is my usual - the end points for 'start here, and 2 very close together in the middle, so they mix it up.

in the screenie below, I actually have the 'center battle point' in the wrong place, and will need to re write this route. otherwise infantry just sits there, and looking dumb. Tanks will engage each other, but there's not a lot of Japanese armor on Leyte.

(also, for some stupid reason the 'solid ground' is acting like water and rockets and bombs don't go off. something wrong in the HFD methinks. so, this route may be deleted altogether)

Well here is what I'm trying to do: This is in regards to my FE2 install. But it's almost a shipping question. I took my Flanders terrain and changed all the Truck MOVEMENT parameters to be out over the water. Then made all the Ground Attack to be on land near the coast.  I changed ALL the ships in the Ground Objects folder to the roll of TRANSPORT. And then changed all Infantry, trucks, and tanks to AD. I altered all the proper formations to suit these objects. Now when I fly Armed_Recon missions it always takes me out along the coast or out at sea looking for moving ships. And if I am charged with Army_Coop I will be sent to the coastal area of Flanders in search of infantry units. This is a great mode that seems to work as an alternative to Anti_Ship missions which FE doesn't support.  The Movement parameters for Shipping don't work.

But I have noticed that as I approach the ships they slow down and come to a complete stop almost around their first waypoint (2nd RoutePosition) I'm wondering if I spaced the routes way too far apart. If they are too far apart will the convoy come to a halt? Are the Shipping movement parameters different than the Truck movement parameters in SF? What are your Shipping Routes like, spacing wise? I guess that wouldn't really matter since I'm using Truck route parameters.

Ok I've noticed when I speed op the game at 8X (only cause it takes so long when you re flying at 80mph) the ships seem to stop when they detect my plane at around 6-8000 feet distance. When I fly away the ships continue on their way. Is this a parameter in the ships' DATA.INI? "DetectSystem" possibly? or is it a "TRANSPORT" thing? or is it a Truck route thing? Cause it's not a route spacing thing now.

The ships also continue along their way if I kick the bucket. So how are the ships detecting aircraft? It's like they stop to fight and then move on.

Edited by quack74