Swordsman422

Asiatic 777 crash in San Fran.

Another Boeing 777 incident too... Whether it's a technical issue or not, Boeing's gotta be pretty nervous that their new ride showing up in the news like this. In the reports I've been reading, one of the survivors was saying it seemed like they were going to land short with the pilot powering up just before landing. There have been other witnesses on the ground saying the aircraft veered off the runway shortly after hitting. We'll know soon enough.

Altimeter. Pilot Error. One look at all those red VASI lights should have been clue #1. Someone stopped flying the aircraft and was just along for the ride. Tragedy.

Another Boeing 777 incident too... Whether it's a technical issue or not, Boeing's gotta be pretty nervous that their new ride showing up in the news like this. In the reports I've been reading, one of the survivors was saying it seemed like they were going to land short with the pilot powering up just before landing. There have been other witnesses on the ground saying the aircraft veered off the runway shortly after hitting. We'll know soon enough.

No, the 787 is the new one. The 777 has been around for almost 20 years IIRC. This one was 7 years old.

sad for the girls perished in the crash.. lucky enough no more fatalities

I guess we'll find out more when the NTSB will finish their investigation and publish the findings..

The plane came in much to slow. The nose was very high, so the tail hits the runway. Pilot error.

Sometimes i believe, that the modern pilots are to much dependant on computers instead to fly a plane by feel.