Sign in to follow this  

I just applied the July 2013 update to SF, SFVN, SFE, and every time i drop ordnance when it explodes all of the games freeze up and wont run anymore.  How do i remove the latest update?

Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately once you have applied the update you can't simply uninstall it. You could reinstall the game, if you still have the original installers, however, you can't get an earlier update from the SF site.

Also, as some people have already reported having issues with the latest patch, do these freezes occur with stock aircraft and weapons or do you have 3rd party mods installed as well?

Probably, reinstall (using exes instead of web installer) and patch it up to the previous level

I have a complete SF-2 install plus many modded ones: never had such issue.

Maybe if you post your specs like CPU and GPU brand, driver version and OS you are running the game on? Some freezes tend to happen using a determined kind of hard- and/or software.

Eventually there are more experiencing the same problem using same hard- and/or software.

Edited by ValAstur

The problem is not a hardware problem with my computer but it was powerful.

I think the only solution is re-installation

Don't be offended but just because you didn't have had problems with your hadrware so far does not necessarily mean that they couldn't exist.

I'm not saying it's probably because of misunderstanding has been a definite

I think I have a new problem with the setup did and improved modes from the patch or

The issue isn't "is your hardware bad?", but rather "does the program now have a problem with your hardware?" Usually this is an issue between the drivers and the game. I don't know if you've updated your sound and/or video drivers lately. If not, you might try that. If you have, you might try rolling back to the previous version(s).

Some games have been notorious for hating AMD video cards, for example. Usually this sort of thing manifests just as poor performance and not lockups or crashes, but that's not always the case.

Hello, I have a quadcore, nevidia 9800, and after updating the game freezes all the time, I had to reinstall and freezes less. Now the carriers are turning to the left and hindering landing. Not yet updated the video card. But it seems that is a refresh problem, was already SF2 years with no problems and with more than 500 planes and mods installed.