usafphantom2

What WW2 Ships would you like to see done?

Let's start our list.

HMS Ark ROYAL

Bismarck

Tripitz

Prince Eugen

Adm Scheer

Scharnhorst

Surface Raiders-U-boat tenders.

you know that having warships operational in the ETO is contingent on having a terrain LARGE enough for use the NA style coding and water bmps?

cause the one the we got now (EAW Euro), ain't got enough sea room, excepting for maybe the Channel Dash.

so, like in Real Life ™, the KM will be sitting in port (or hiding in fjords -- which we also don't got), waiting to get bombed by the 8th AF and RAF.

The Med, however is another story, as we DO have the necessary sea room, but only the RN has carriers. Everybody (regia marina and what few km ships operated in the Med) else has your basic or garden variety surface action groups (and the game will only generate battle groups of any kind IF a capital ship is present; CV or BB)

Having the correct NA style water bmps does pose a problem. The waters are kinda restricted around the boot of Italy, malta, etc

when I want a group to show for a nation that doesn't have carriers I just label a cruiser as a BB or CV. it at least gives me stuff to sink. I have been on a med kick lately so would love to see some more Italians.Also a few true WW2 British DDs would be nice too.

For me.

South Dakota class BB

Iowa class BB

Gleves class DD

More IJN ships

If you want stuff, you have to build stuff.

My feelings exactly.

unfortunately....there's fewer modders every day; and the few of us left are getting more than frustrated

oth, Dunkerque is coming along nicely, Hinch!

Edited by Wrench

when I want a group to show for a nation that doesn't have carriers I just label a cruiser as a BB or CV. it at least gives me stuff to sink. I have been on a med kick lately so would love to see some more Italians.Also a few true WW2 British DDs would be nice too.

Could always pretend the Aquila was completed. I'm surprised Kevin has made one already from an existing bird farm. Or a Taiho come to think of it. The Taiho looks  a lot like a Brit Illustrious type but with that weird ass funnel. Apologies if you have made them Kevin and I've missed them. Just a casual observer these days.

when, when the downloads come back up, you'll find a LOT of 'stand in' ships in the "PTO Ships Pak" (many by Hinch, and 'adjusted' by me)

however, they ALL need new AAA batteries added, expecially the Tennessee/California class BBs

btw, Hinch's Ceseare (sp?) BBs and some other RM ships are in (iirc) an ETO/MTO ships pak.

again, we're waiting the for downloads to be fixed.

I have been working on a few from my cfs2 lineup i think you guys will like

• Like 2

From what I've seen so far, colmack, your ships will be awesome additions.  My PTO install is ready for them. :biggrin:   

• Like 3

barges, lighters, various landing craft, naval support ships (AK, AO, APA, etc)

• Like 1

I know we would love to see them.

My feelings exactly.

unfortunately....there's fewer modders every day; and the few of us left are getting more than frustrated

oth, Dunkerque is coming along nicely, Hinch!

I know it sounds a little harsh, but if you want something, it's time to start building.  Wish lists get old.  Start out small........... then onwards and upwards.

Anyway, here's another shot.  She's almost done (for another project).

BasicStrasbourg3_zps0fe330f5.jpg

• Like 2

Love your ships Hitch! 

Here is another carry over from my CFS2 collection and with SF you actually get the see the ships work each other over!!  when ever the downloads comeback online I'll put up North Carolina

post-2710-0-80318000-1373584283.jpg

post-2710-0-94398900-1373584286.jpg

post-2710-0-31721900-1373584291.jpg

post-2710-0-13145100-1373584295.jpg

post-2710-0-25668400-1373584420_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful ships, colmack.  Thank you!

personally, I think cruisers and destroyers are more important (after all, there was only 2 superbattleships)

• Like 1

I don't think i'll be doing a Yamato.......  hell i couldn't even handle the AAA suite that the showboat has.