Geary

Anyone have SF1 working in Windows 8 64-bit?

I have a new i7 computer I want to make my gamer.  I want to transfer all my SF1 and SF2 games to the new computer. 

Problem is it comes with Windows 8.  I could delete Windows 8 and put Windows 7 on it, but as it's the only computer I have with Windows 8, I'd like to keep it for experimentation and will in all probability migrate to Windows 8 eventually.

All my SF1 installs work on my i5, Windows 7 gamer (except YAP installs) but can't get SF1 to load missions, instant action or campaign missions on the Windows 8 computer.

The SF1 games start but crash-to-desktop instead of loading missions.

SF2 games work GREAT on the new computer.

So ...  I've tried:

-  Installed/Updated SF1 games to Oct 2008 patch;

-  setting compatibility of the .exe file to every mode offered;

-  loading the game in the primary drive root directory, C:\

-  loading the game on a secondary drive, D:\

-  updated the video card drivers (same drivers on my Windows 7 gamer where the SF1 games work);

-  vanilla install;

-  praying to the flight sim Gods (I also danced naked in the woods at midnight during a full moon with a coven of witches ... but that was more for fun that trying to get SF1 to work in Windows 8);

Here are the new computer specs in case anyone can spot the problem there:

- Intel i7-3770 8-Core 3.4GHz CPU

- Asus P8H61-M Pro 1155 FC-LGA Socket Intel Ivy

Bridge-DT IMC / Cougar Point H61 Chipset

- 16GB PC3 DDR3-1600 (800MHz) RAM (2x8GB)

- 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 PCI-E Video Card

- 1TB Seagate SATA-III 7200RPM Hard Drive

- 2TB Seagate SATA-III 7200RPM Hard Drive

- Corsair GS700 Power Supply

- MS Windows 8 64-bit

At this point, almost any help is welcomed.

TIA,

Geary

did you install dx9? 1stGens need that to run

did you install dx9? 1stGens need that to run

Yes.  Forgot to mention that.

Edited by GearyMcS

Instead of installing, did you try to just copy an install, that's what I did for an old ( out of the box orignal) SFP1 install to test my Win7 laptop.

Raven,

Tried that first.  Was hoping I wouldn't have to install, just copy over.

That method still works with my Win 7 computers.

I went through every post I could find to get AOE2 (age of) to run on my Win7 Laptop, NoGo! My HD graphics sucks. I car run SF2, but.when I hook to my 24 in. LED TV it go to hell.

Edited by RAVEN

Some Versions Of Windows Do Not Have Legacy Support.Currently Using Win 7 Pro 64 Bit Retail With AMD 955 BE And AMD OD ATI Rad HD 5870 8Gig PC3-10700 G.Skill GA-MA790FXT-UD5P Mother Western D Raptor 10000RPM Hard Plus 640 Gig WD Store And Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Cable.As You Can See Old DYI Build By Almost 3 Years Coming Up On New Build D'ont Know If I Will Go Intel Systems With Nvidia But Will Include 8 Core Legacy Windows Spt Possible 16 Gig Mem And Complete Home Theatre Spt.Solid State HD With TB Storage Is Now Becoming Economic.Serious Storage Offline Should Be Expanded With New Disc Wafers In Near Furture.Emulation OS Spt Is Always The Key!!

Some Versions Of Windows Do Not Have Legacy Support.Currently Using Win 7 Pro 64 Bit Retail With AMD 955 BE And AMD OD ATI Rad HD 5870 8Gig PC3-10700 G.Skill GA-MA790FXT-UD5P Mother Western D Raptor 10000RPM Hard Plus 640 Gig WD Store And Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Cable.As You Can See Old DYI Build By Almost 3 Years Coming Up On New Build D'ont Know If I Will Go Intel Systems With Nvidia But Will Include 8 Core Legacy Windows Spt Possible 16 Gig Mem And Complete Home Theatre Spt.Solid State HD With TB Storage Is Now Becoming Economic.Serious Storage Offline Should Be Expanded With New Disc Wafers In Near Furture.Emulation OS Spt Is Always The Key!!

When's the Grand Opening?

Have A Nephew Who Is Fabrication Engineer For AMD.Another Palo Alto Los Gatos Silicon Valley Grad.Has a lot more toys than me.Like to do deep research before building systems also because I have to build for my brother too who likes sli systems.For now my system still keeps up with amd overdrive optimized.

Try installing it to a folder on the desktop. Not the start screen. Thus far no complaints with SF1/YAP3 doing that process in Win 8.