So yeah, how do you set themp up, I can't quite figure it out?

Hello Centurion-1,

I haven't done any tape guages, but this is a little info from TW exporter notes ..

" All movable parts, including individual needles on the gauges, should be made separate mesh. Most instruments will be moved either by simple rotation (needle on the analog gauge, lever on a

switch, etc.) or by simple translation (“vertical” type gauge as seen on F-105). For simple rotation type instrument, its y-axis should be placed at the axis of rotation, i.e, for needle on

the gauge, y-axis should go through the panel, and x-axis should point to the right, z-axis should point up. Artificial horizon should be modeled as a sphere (with enough polys), and its pivot point should be at the center of the “ball”, oriented the same way as the cockpit and the external models."

Here's a jpg from the stock F-105 gauge

I don't know if any of this helps ..

yes, check F-105 cockpit ini, it's texture movement IIRC, never done any of these though -some artificial horizonts works the same way

You have one in the source file I sent you for mf1 and in the draken, that's one way, you can also animate them...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By acesfakia

View File SF2 Ground personal 3ds max file
      hello
      this is from my first try ...in max files
      is only a max file for any one want to make .....a ground mechanic's or in the tower personal
      i hope you like it
      Attention is only the 3ds file......for max 2008,2009 ....!!!!
      for new mod's
      Submitter acesfakia Submitted 02/15/2014 Category Other  
    • By KJakker
      I found some free for download Star Trek plus a handful of Star Wars and other sci-fi models in MAX format. The creator David Metlesits has said that anyone can download and play around with them as long as he is properly credited.

Metlesits Fleetyards Gallary

Now I don't have MAX but there is one model in particular I really would like to be able to look at. Would someone be willing to convert the Vesta Class starship into a more common format for me?

Vesta class starship
    • By Del2i
      Werde can I get 3ds Max 9?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..