Hi I am posting this open invitation because I love strike fighters and would like to modify it for the Korean War. I am a great pilot but lousy at modern computers, what I would like is for someone who is knowledgeable to help me create a modification to be able to fly Korean War era aircraft in the Korean environment. I have read instructions on how to do this and have tried to follow them with no luck, I don't know if it's my files the sequence that I am doing things? frankly I do not have the patience or the time or the inclination to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have not been able to get the simulation to work properly. I am posting a bounty of $100 via PayPal to the person who can successfully help me. Either create a DVD with all the relevant files and send it to me or contact me by phone and walk me through the process. I figure this should take no longer than a couple of hours, and $50 an hour is a reasonable amount to pay. My e-mail address is [EDITED OUT] contact me and we will set up a time that is convenient for both of us. $50 will be payable up front with the other $50 upon completion of a successful mod. Or make me a counter offer if there's something that I haven't thought of.

Edited by Fubar512
I recommend that you refrain from posting your email address on a public forum.

The problem is that the downloads section is down, as it has all the files needed (For FREE) to have a Korean Air War era mod.

Be careful, Salvo, what you wish for. When the downloads section is back up, you just might orgasm to death.

Keep the money mate, I'm sure a lot of people me included will help you for free. But have patience, the downloads section is down, you need to wait a bit.

• Like 1

Keep your money! A soon as the download section is back online, you'll be able to download all needed files which include all necessary info for how to install and make them run with your game. Just be a bit more patient.

• Like 1

when the downloads come back, you'll be QUITE busy grapping all the various and sundry items --already assembled and packaged (although aircraft are separate downloads) -- for your KAW flying fix

oth, I could use the 100 bucks!!  :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help and advice, someone is helping me already, I have the files I just have had no luck getting the darn thing into a workable pile. The program won't open after all is done so I'm missing something somewhere.  You all are great, I'm glad I joined up!

I seem to recall the instructions I wrote are pretty specific, and pretty easy to follow

ok here is what I have done, I installed clean WOV and SF2NA then I copied the .exe file to the desktop and renamed it strikefighters2 korea.exe then copied back to main / game folderand ran once. Then looked for the saved game folder under users(name)thirdwire etc. deleted all subfolders except version.ini and options.ini and copied all folders from the downloaded modpack KAW into the saved game folder (after unzipping)  with the North Atlantic version of SF2 I got the initial screens and could select a mission and aircraft but when the game launched a got the progress bar and it stopped at 80% and the program locked up. With WOV it never did create a saved game folder under users so I created one and ever though the exe file in the game folder was named KAW2.exe it still opened the WOV game and scenarios. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks P.S. I'm running windows 7 Home 

ok, the KAW stuff =I= released is ONLY for SF2, in particular for SF2NA, as the terrain makes use of the NA carrier zones and statements.

and the objects themselves are not and will not work in 1stGens. Period

it might help if we know exactly which Korean stuff you're dealing with, as there's more than one set

WoV and all the other 1stGens do NOT have a mods folder; their folders all reside on the C drive someplace. Check the 1stGen Knowledge Base for instructions on creating a "Era Specific Install" (which matter not, as all my/the Teams KAW stuff is only SF2)

Here's the (hopefuly) relevant sections from the Korea V3 terrain (mine)

Korea Terrain (V3) for SF2    10/1/2012

== For SF2, Full 5 Merged, @ July 2012 Patch Level, -ONLY- ==

* Note: while this terrain references the GermanyCE.cat for terrain objects, it =MUST= be used in the SF2NA (or Full-5 Merged) environment. Use in any other type of install is at the End Users risk, as carrier operations have some 'oddities withou the necessary SF2NA coding. No support is/will be available for those End Users withOUT SF2NA. It it also supremly reccomended (read: required!) that you have SF2I's Expansion Pak 1, as several of the aircraft (soon to be) supplied WILL be needed for historik 1950s usage. SF2V is also required for it's Skyraider. If you do NOT meet these requirements, you download this at your own risk. It is also probable, that without heavy editing, this terrain MAY NOT WORK in 1stGen SF/Wo* game installs. *

This is a higly detailed terrain, with many new custom tiles and TODs. Due to the large number of terrain and ground objects used, you may experience exceptionaly long loading times. It has been fully tested in a Full-5 merged SF2 install, at the July, 2012 patch level (meaning: both a stand-alone KAW-centric game install, and with the terrain in SF2NA).

This is the terrain you've all been  waiting for --

This is the KAW "Korea" terrain. It replaces any and ALL other versions of this part of the world you may have; this is likely the most accurate terrain EVER released for the Third Wire series.

While designed with the Korean War in particular mind, like all my other terrain mods, it has a full 100 Year Operations Span ™, allowing for use well into Modern Times. This is a Full 4-Season terrain, with all the various tiles and terrain objects requred.

However, it IS HIGHLY suggested you create a seperate KAW mods folder built from the SF2NA exe, as this terrain makes use of NA specific coding for carrier operations via the water bmp. There are 2 "CV Zones" on the map, in their semi-historic locations; Yellow Sea and Sea of Japan.  This terrain also makes use of the LimitedNations=TRUE statement, locking in regional participants. And yes, as expected, there ARE Easter Eggs.

When building you KAW Mods Folder, you are advised to leave all the stock items intact, due to the Year Spread, and when the other 1950s KAW Parts are released, simply add them. It is vitally important to use ONLY the era-specific ground objects I'll be supplying!! Of course, adding SAMs the NK's have and their associated radars, and HAWK units is also important! So, feel free to add those AD or Ground units that fit this particular region.

GroundObjects included in this pak are very limited; in fact, some you may have already. The full KAW GO, Weapons, Pilots and other items will be released as soon as possible. With the exception of some aircraft; they'll be along as soon as they're done. In the meantime, there ARE plenty era-specific aircraft downloads at CA to keep you happy for a short while <grin>.

Geophysical Disclaimer: some rivers and other water features may not follow their Real Life ™ courses, be placed in their Real Life ™ locations, or exist at all. Several cities and other physical features, including target areas, will also fall into that classification. Some target areas (cities, etc) exist only as named places, with no strategic or tactical values. Just someplace to fly over. Also, the targeting in Japan is exceptionally minimal -- this was done purposfully to reduce the chance of Enemy Aircraft ™ showing up far beyond their operational ranges over the Home Islands. If necessary for 'later year' useage, this can be expanded as needed (what with all those superdetailed F-104J and F-4EJs available, to say nothing of JASDF Sabres in the download section).

As always, unzip this to a temp folder or your desktop, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions. It's reccomended (ie: REQUIRED!!!) you read the document through after unzipping, but BEFORE installing. As always, the Notes and Other Nonesense section may make for entertaining reading.

It's also VERY IMPORTANT to read the Legal Statement at the bottom, as it reflects changes in policy to ALL my terrain works.

Happy Landings!

----------------------------------------------

== To Install:

As I always reccomend, unzip the "korea-kaw.zip" to a temp folder, or your desktop or somewhere's else that easy to find.

Then, simply copy/paste, move, however you want to do it, Korea3 terrain folder INTO you main /Terrains folder in whichever game install you're installing it to!.

Then, from the 'xtra goodies to add' sub folder, and place the items as stated in the /Weapons, /GroundObjects, and  /Guns folders.

Some of the groundobjects are repeats of others you may already have ... if so, allow the Overwrite, as many have been updated for SF2NA/July 2012 Patch level and so forth.

With luck, I've included everything -- if not, let me know and I'll upload it. Hopefuuly, soon, the aircraft and ground objects will be uploaded.

Right now, it's pointing to the SF2 desert.cat, but should work with the others =EXCEPT= SF2:I IsrealME.cat and SF2:NA IcelandNA.cat. DO NOT USE THESE CATS FOR THIS MOD!!

There's a good chance that there's some odd bits that aren't used floating around in the terrain folder ... don't worry about them .. just ignore them!

To differentiate THIS terrain from the 'others' (used loosely), on the Terrain selection dropdown you'll see "Korea (V3)".

That's it! Go fly!

WOV or SF2V? cause that would make a difference

EDIT: What Wrench said

Edited by macelena

You MUST have all SF2 games installed in that order:

SF2
SF2 Vietnam
SF2 Europe
SF2 Israel
SF2 Exp pack 1
SF2 Exp pack 2

before NA to run KAW mods.

unless using the later versions of game; can't remember WHEN it change -but post June '12- they can be installed now in any order