Sign in to follow this  
Caesar

Anyone stationed around CO Springs?

Well, it's that time again, Caesar's headed West into the Colorado Springs area late this year (at least they didn't send me back to the arctic!).  Anyone stationed out there recently?  Know of any good diners, dives etc.?

I'm familiar with Colorado Springs but don't know much about the special "non-chain" restaurants, The airplane restaurant near the airport is pretty cool as it is inside an old KC-97! The food is pretty good and you'll get to watch the nearby air traffic. Definitely ask Typhoid though, as he lives in Colorado Springs.

If you have time definitely visit Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods if you like the outdoors.

Edited by warthog64

Yea, I think we can take care of you!

:)

I've been out here for awhile now. Where are you headed? I'm guessing AFSPC in the HQ (my condolences...) or elsewhere in the complex?

I've left most of that and hang out downtown mostly now, but look forward to sharing a beer someplace with you.

The Airplane Restaurant is a must! it was the NORAD J3 hangout when I was still with them.

When do you get here?

Edited by Typhoid

Lucky for me I avoided HQ, know a few folks over there and it doesn't sound like much fun.  I'm headed to Schriever, but I noticed it is fairly nearby the Springs area (at least based on Google Maps).  I'll be there around December.  Sounds like The Airplane Restaurant is going to be on my "to visit" list.

Where on Schriever? There are still some HQ slots over there but I'm guessing you are going over to the 50th SW and the squadron there that does surveillance ops. They gave a few of us on council a pretty good tour of their new ops center and the squadrons. They reacted remarkably well when they realized they had a couple of ringers on the tour.....

The 50th just had a change of command and although I had to miss that event, one of the other councilcritters covered it, I have met most of the command staff there.

There is some housing on base there now, but likely you will be residing in Colorado Springs, perhaps even my district!

: )

Looking forward to seeing you drop in and we'll have to have a burger and beer at the Airplane Restaurant!!

Edited by Typhoid

Typhoid,

Sent some specifics in a PM.

• Like 1

I'm envious of you guys.  Miss that moving to new places and making new friends.  

We'll toast a beer in your honor!