Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

BOC News two years ago nearly to the day, could it really be true?!

AHH Yes! I remember and here is a screenie to commemorate the occasion!

post-52329-0-97078000-1373816691_thumb.png

Bonaparte Dwindlehammer - Mmuahahahahaaaa!!!! The Kaiser couldn't be funnier!

Yeah, it may well be that they have at least tricked something on the time line.

It often appeared to me that they might be working from out of a "worm hole",

but spend too much time in a restaurant at the end of the universe.

Or to speak with Zaphod Beeblebrox (although this quote is absolutely irrelevant,

but the quoter found it so funny, that he could not resist):

“If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me.”

Edited by Olham

AHH Yes! I remember and here is a screenie to commemorate the occasion!

HEE HAW!  And on my favorite OFF kite to boot.  Well done Robert.

good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

Or to speak with Zaphod Beeblebrox (although this quote is absolutely irrelevant,

but the quoter found it so funny, that he could not resist):

“If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me.”

HHGTTG is still some of the best humor out there.  I particularly like all the fiddly bits round the edges.

Its actually sad to think how few hours flying I've put in over the last two years. Not very much that's for sure. I have actually lost my baseball cap with the TrackIR christmas tree bits on it. I'll just have to glue bits of site safety vest to my forehead, or else a minor assault on a traffic cone could provide the reflective material.

Two years eh? And I'm still being pickled in amber by this damned credit crunch.

"Pickled in amber"? "Credit crunch"? Sounds like something to eat, but I guess it isn't?

Do you recall the BOC News headline story from 9 July 2011?  Could it be?!  :blink:

http://combatace.com/topic/66282-the-illustrated-boc-news-july-9-2011/?p=509360

:grin:

Crikey Lou... can't believe it's been two years already. I'm now in my early thirties and I am astounded as the speed at which time now passes. I'm also feeling mildly depressed that we've been discussing P4, WOFF for that long already. It doesn't feel like that much time has passed (graduate school does funny things to your perception of time) but my, my, I do so wish they would release this thing soon.

For those of us who remember older flight sims, WOFF is starting to feel a bit like Falcon 4.0 - the proverbial king of vaporware in the 1990s...

Pickled in amber is what happens to bugs who fall into wells of tree sap which hardens to trap them and fixes them in stasis forever, or at least until a mad scientist drills in to hunt for some dinosaur DNA.

• Like 1

Mmuahahahahahaaa!!!!

Good explanation, Flyby - now I know what you mean.

I guess the bank is holding you in a kind of breath-taking stranglehold?

I once had a talk about a new mortgage, to pay off an older one.

The interest for the new one was much lower.

The bank lady asked me, why they should do that and give up about the money.

I said very quietly, but frosty: Because the vampire will benefit much longer

from his victim, if he doesn't drink all the blood at once.

She gave me a very irritated look and asked me, if I was comparing bankers with vampires.

I just shrugged and said: It was just an example.

I got the new mortgage for the lower interest.

Maybe because she was a woman? Not sure...

Edited by Olham

I once had a talk about a new mortgage, to pay off an older one.

The interest for the new one was much lower.

The bank lady asked me, why they should do that and give up about the money.

I said very quietly, but frosty: Because the vampire will benefit much longer

from his victim, if he doesn't drink all the blood at once.

She gave me a very irritated look and asked me, if I was comparing bankers with vampires.

I just shrugged and said: It was just an example.

I got the new mortgage for the lower interest.

Maybe because she was a woman? Not sure...

Oh Olham...That was a first class tactfully aggressive maneuver!!!! Cudos to you!!! I must remember that one!!

Sick and tired of the whole carry on. The Bank will nothing, absolutely nothing to help my business, complaining my turnover has collapsed. The only reason my turnover collapsed is because the Banks wrecked the economy and brought the building trade to a virtual halt. They get obscene massive bonuses, the politicians get a raise of twice the amount I'm currently living on, even the queen gets an extra £6 million a year, and I, the one who does all the work gets life on the breadline for the forseeable future. Makes me sick. I've also just learned what council workers paid, and that 60% of council tax is paying for their pensions. I don't even have a pension.

The difference between me and the bug in amber is the blood sucking parasites are the giant reptiles and tiny little me is all out of blood.

Flyby, I seriously don't understand why none of those Wall St. types are in jail. - or is it High St. over in Jolly Old England?  We have the same thing over here, my home state of PA is in trouble because the public employees got the moon & sun for their pension programs. Then, of course, the "housing bubble" burst over here; that was nothing but a festering, poisonous combination of greed, corruption, and knuckle-headed stupidity on the part of the government, Wall St., and the American consumer.  Sheesh.  I am fortunate enough to have a modest 401k, and am fortunate not to have lost it due to corruption (I know someone whose $500,000 410k went "poof" in the Enron scandal), but I may as well have kept the money under my mattress for all the growth I'm (not) getting out of it.  Counting inflation, it's a net loss over 16 years...

And Murphy's Golden Rule continues to operate in full vigor, as you noted.  "Him what has the gold, makes the rules..."

Jerks.

But we're pulling for you, at least in spirit.

Flyby, check your PMs please.

Olham, had I gone that far to begin with my response would have been, "I wouldn't like to insult the vampires."

Thank you, Robert.

Yeah, indeed, von Baur - the vampire has no choice really, has he?

And I have never heard, that vampires cause dispair for so many million people.

They are in a "sniper position" - high and dry - don't see the blood and all.

These are absolutely fantastic Lou! Terribly sorry I missed them back in the day! Would be wonderful to see a new edition printed sometime soon. *wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more...* :biggrin:

We MUST be in a worm hole most certainly, or Einstein has tricked this - the two years

since the BOC NEWS passed - "zapp!" - like a lightning!

The Great War itself was 4 years, if I remember correctly.   I'm begining to wonder if it's going to take longer to re-create the war than it did to actually fight it.  :) 

Hopefully we will hear something in the next few months. 

• Like 1

to Olham:
In the words of Steve Miller, "Time keeps on slippin', slippin'...into the future."

to Hellshade:

I was wondering the same thing.

Well, if it does take longer to re-create it, don't forget that there were a lot more people creating it than are recreating it!  And it was their full time job!

Still, i understand everyone's impatience.  I have a few minutes at the end of the day here and was running a test to see if my speakers were set up properly to support Dolby 5.1 - they worked... but does CFS3 support 5.1 speaker setups?  or would Andy's sound updates do it?  (sidebar question...)  It seems that I don't gte anythng out of my back speakers in OFF or CFS3 ETO.

to Olham:

In the words of Steve Miller, "Time keeps on slippin', slippin'...into the future."

Or Pink Floyd:

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown

Waiting for WOFF, or someone to show you the way"

How could they know back in 1973? Wormhole, I say!

Wait - did someone scribble on this text?

Is there no respect anymore?

This was a first edition "Dark Side of the Moon" album cover! Jeeze, the times...

But surely the wormhole centers around the Great War!  In 1965, Snoopy was somehow transported to the French aerodromes, and found himself slinking back across enemy lines after being downed by the great Manfred von Richtoven himself!

Olham, you may be on to something here!  Pol, Winder, and the rest may be freezing and covered in castor oil as we speak, capturing every nuance of the air war (hope they took Andy to record the sounds...)