usafphantom2

Fe2 ctd's with DEV site addon aircraft

Hi, I have added planes from the dev site to my sim, But when I fly some of those my screen will freeze and go blank and come back with no picture. All my SF2 mods work fine. Has this happened to anybody else?

Win7home64bit Amd FX8120 16gb Corsair Dominator DDR3, Evga GTX 6850's 2gb DDR5 x2 SLI, OCZ 425gb ssd, Sound Blaster Tactical 3D. Thanks for your help.

Edited by usafphantom2

Hello! I have all A-Team aircraft and ground objects without a issue, so I don't know......

I think you shoud add one by one plane/object and see what's happening.

Hi Phantom!

I have most or all of the A team WW1 planes (except I have substituted Stephen 1918's Fokker DII and Albatros DII for the older A Team equivalents) and most or all of those at CombatAce also. And I've never seen this behaviour. I do rarely get a hard lockup when trying to access the map screen, and my loadout sceen does that every time (I noticed I had a bunch of MiG23 weapons in my mod folder, of all things, which may have been the problem there!). But I've never had a CTD with an addon plane, as far as I can recall. Can you post examples of the planes which this affects, assuming it's always the same ones?

Still checking,Will update,some new prob's came up such as screen freezing at mission end. I know the Camel repeatedly crashed the mission.

Edited by usafphantom2

Didn't the Camel come with the game? How could it causing any problems? There is something else going on there.

I think he means the DAT Camel.  It has a spinny generator.  I haven't used it in quite some time, but it never caused any problems for me.

The TW Camel has been a stock plane ever since the FE1 Expansion pack.  It sounds like you either have a bad install or bad download for the stock planes to cause problems.

Edited by Panama Red

Yeah too many weird things for a new install,My rig is more that capable of running title. Time to start over.Thanks all for your advice and input!

Got 9 Fans running and Liquid cooled CPU not counting the one in the Psu and two in the graphic cards in a big case so there's good airflow and temps are good. Weird thing I decided to test the install one last time before wiping it and every plane that was crashing my desktop worked 100% maybe the game engine needed a few more Start's to settle in? But Thanks for the suggestion that would be something to look at.

Edited by usafphantom2