Sign in to follow this  

I have noticed there are RWR/TEWS definition in F-117 mod, and corresponding textures. However I can't find a way to get the screen show up in the MFD.

Anyone knows how to?

I don't recall there being any RWR screen on any MFD in SF. All RWR/TEWS are on dedicated displays. If I'm wrong on this, someone correct me.

Well, in the Tomcat Super Pack, and I believe the original file from 2010, the Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) has three modes, NAV, Radar and RWR, which mimics the real-world HSD.  The RWR mode is fully functional, but it is redundant due to the pit being based on the F-14B, which had the ALR-67 display.  Short answer, RWR can and has been put on a non-dedicated display.  How to get it to work in the F-117, however, is uncertain to me.  In the Tomcat, it's the bomb ripple interval buttons that change the HSD modes, while the bomb ripple quantity changes the VDI.  Might be one of those commands?

OK, tested a few times.

Obviously the author was ambitius, there are nodes for moving map and RWR left in the model. However the technique to swap MFD display was not discovered by the time and the author possibly given up due to the difficulty. Thus those were left in the model not functioning.

Yeah today they are really easy to make...if the hierarchy is good and node names are known it might still be doable...

unfortunately no.  There is no .OUT file that I can find. Tried a few possible entries by looking in the LOD file directly, they are incorrect.

Orsin,

I wouldn't spend too much time on it. As I said in the PM, I hope to have the complete F-117 pack (including cockpit) out by the end of the year.

Dels