Sign in to follow this  
orsin

Make use of TW A-6 Cockpit

I tried to locate the texture for the phd_lens, well their is none. I pulled all the textures from the pit and put the A-6A in SFP1 (no A-6 in the object cat) and the lens is still black, any ideas?

post-300-0-47994800-1374964261.jpg

Edited by RAVEN

Well, A-6A calls for some SFP1 stock textures.

ACCELEROMETER.BMP
ALTIMETER.BMP
CLOCK.BMP
F-8E_PIT1.BMP
FUEL_QUALITY.BMP
GAUGES15.BMP
INTERGRATED_POSITON_INDICATOR.BMP
RATE_OF_CLIMB_INDICATOR.BMP
HUDGLASS.TGA
HUDGLASSTOP.TGA
HUDREFLECTION.TGA

frankly we can simulate tchem using instrument meshes and some tricks, the utterly primitive GM mode we have is another story

and no, it wasn't daydreaming, just pointing out obvious :tongue:

Well,  to explain this you need to understand what DVI and PHD does

DVI basically looks similar to F-14, serve as a ADI like device when radar is not performing. However that is just a simple implementation. Its main function as a output of the DIANE system displays some horizontal view of ground profile. According to materials I found, if there is a "V" shape valley in front of nose, DVI displays bright image on left and right, and dark image in the middle. This implementation is similar to terrain avoidance mode.

PHD on the other hand displays the digital HSI needle like F-14 when radar is not performing. Its main function as a output of DIANE is to plot vertical profile. If in front of nose is a uphill, the PHD plots the ground shape like a up graph

like this

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3R9XE5rTnNUUxjenUH0yCGDwpdJtzBph3iw--r_oTKD30KvVZ_Q

where the left-most part of screen indicates the location of the plane.

This can be mimic by putting a camera external and far to the aircraft. The camera looks at A-6A from right hand side. However to accomplish this, the PHD must be able to display radar/TV first - Which is not achievable now due to the lod. Not to mention TV and Radar cannot function simutaneously at the moment

Edited by orsin
  • Like 1

What should we use to extract that old TW A-6 pit?

I can't find the extracted files at the location it's saying they're at.

you need to have the Object cat from WoV to extract the A-6A cockpit files from. Also, sometimes the 1stGen Extractor goes tits up in Winge 7 (at least for me!)

Gerwin's extractor works just fine, however.

I suddenly remember why I buy DLC in the first place.

PFunk; when you open the utility, it looks (I think) for files in the same folder in which it resides, click the browse button (next to select a .cat file) and search your computer for the proper location.

Sorry to kick up an old thread. So is it possible to place any sort of steering cue to current waypoint (HSI needle, etc) and some display of range to current way point on that display that Raven created?

If so it would be possible to use that to get get to a known height and distance to drop bombs (1/2 way to a DAINE).

We'd still have to have predetermined altitudes and speeds listed to drop bombs...

Or, if I'm reading this thread right, is it possible to get the F-14 VDI in the A-6 cockpit if I forego AG radar...?

I dug through some of the files, but cockpit and instrument modding is not one of my strong points...

Edited by malibu43

So I dug through the F-14 files and tried to get the VDI to show on the A-6A radar screen, but I got a blank, non-functional screen in-game.

If anyone would care to look at what I've tried and help point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Not sure what to do with this line from the avionics file...

[F14ACockpitData]
VDIMeshNodeName=vdi_component_lens

A-6A_VDI test.zip

Edited by malibu43