Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Bombs/Rockets not exploding, post 7/13?

anybody else notice, that when dropped/shot rockets and bombs are no longer exploding when hitting the ground??? Or water?

they used to explode and leave a crater, even if you missed the target (which I do a lot....). Now, they just disappear under ground or into the water (when you miss). No explosions, no craters, no splashes from near misses.

when a 'target' is hit -- usually!!! there's an explosion sound and effect and crater. Even runways aren't reacting as before.

At first I thought it was the terrain; checked even the stock Desert in NA, and the same thing is happening.

Edited by Wrench

Really odd.  Just checked stock terrains and the one I've been working on,  Mine are okay.

In my test terrain (using Nothingness) they do that.

Edited by RAVEN

ALL the PTO terrains I've been flying (in particular the Phillipines, but solomons, new guinea also...haven't checked okinawas or burma)...

haven't check MTO and ETO yet.

should state I'm on the 7/13 patch.

even the stock 3W 2 ww2 bombs, and stock HVARs are doing this (tested with 3W Mustang). Checked all the weapons' data ini, and don't see anything "odd"

remember, to test the 'disappearance', don't aim at the target, shoot short or long. just so you hit the ground

I have tested all my installs with the 7/13 no major issues with the effects. And they are heavily modded.

Neither me.

Switched back to 07/13 engine to test, no such problem on stock, I'll check with mods.

An idea though, have you applied the hotfix or not ? It would explain the lack of effect if there's a bug in the hotfix, it wouldn't explain the lack of crater though.

yes, hotfix was applied

MTO and ETO are BOTH ok .. with the exact same weapons (weapons pak HAVRs and 500 lb bombs). All 3 are built from the SF2NA exe.

EVERY SINGLE TERRAIN IN THE PTO MODS FOLDER IS EXHIBITING THIS -- from the bombing range, to the stock 4 terrains.

this is just getting to be much...

maybe I should try the plane-jane SF2 exe?

But the carrier coding is needed from NA for Okinawa, Phillipines, Marianas.

ok fixed it!!

the whole frakking weapons folder, and all it's contents must have gotten corrupted somehow. I took the weapons from one of the working WW2 installs, and now things work like they're supposed to. even when you miss, the bombs and rockets go off.

such nonsense...