Geary

Looking for Y-Pylon Fix for YAP F-100F

I'm importing the SF1 YAP F-100F into my SF2 Vietnam install.

I've tweaked a couple of things and got most of it working ok.

But according to the data.ini there's supposed to be a separate y-pylon for the left and right wings to carry two-each missiles.

The pylons don't show up.  I looked into the lods for the plane and the y-pylons aren't part of the lod.

It looks like the data.ini info came directly from the single-seat F-100 models.  They have the y-pylons as part of the lod.

So, I'm looking for some F-100 left and right y-pylons to carry AIM-4's and AIM-9s that I can add to the plane via the fake pilot or weapons systems.

I've posted a request for a fix on YAP's Facebook page, but don't hold out much hope on a positive reply.

Any help??

Thanks,

Geary

did you try to look in the weapons?

Yes.  Not there.

I also looked in the pilots and aircraft folders.

The pylons don't show up on the plane in YAP SF1, btw.

What Set# is the F-100F in?

What Set# is the F-100F in?

Man, ask me an easy one. 

I'll have to look it up.  I've combined all the sets into an install and copied the plane out of my SF1 install to my SF2 install.

Be back when I find the answer.

EDIT:  Found it in Set 3.

Edited by GearyMcS

Maxing pylons, please stand by:)Research the pylons and they did have them, but tha aircraft mission as a FAC or Wildweasil did not require Aim-9's and YAP left them off for that reason , So I can make a pair if you want them? Not sure how to mount them other then 'Fakepilot'?

Edited by RAVEN

Another possibility is to make the pylons weapons of 2IR launch rail type with a RackSpecificStationCode entry to limit them to appear only for the F-100F. It should work as the pylons will load 2 IRM as designed for 2IR type.

Edited by Svetlin

I'll see what I can do, have to make a SF2 Test install on my XP machine. All my SF2 is still in the box waiting for new GPU.

but tha aircraft mission as a FAC or Wildweasil did not require Aim-9's and YAP left them off for that reason

That was one reason I supposed for the pylons not showing up.  But the plane still has four Sidewinder specific stations and call for those pylons ... so confused me a bit.

I'll see what I can do, have to make a SF2 Test install on my XP machine. All my SF2 is still in the box waiting for new GPU.

Any help is appreciated.  Great plane and the only one of that model I've found, so far.

Been looking for a good XP computer, myself.  I've given away dozens of them over the past few years.  Wish I'd kept one now.

Congrats on the new GPU.  Nothing like new hardware to make a guy happy.

Edited by GearyMcS

YAP copies a lot of FM's without making corrections, lots of meshes called-out that don't exist, mostly pylons.

Someday there will be other options...someday...

post-13298-0-95845500-1374376100_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Cool, I wait for It.

Looking forward to it.

Another possibility is to make the pylons weapons of 2IR launch rail type with a RackSpecificStationCode entry to limit them to appear only for the F-100F. It should work as the pylons will load 2 IRM as designed for 2IR type.

Svetlin,

I've been trying to figure out how to accomplish your suggestion.  So far no luck in my favor.

If this could work, where would the pylons come from?  Also, if they are default to the game, would this limit them to this plane ONLY? 

Geary, my post was addressed to RAVEN and the pylons that he was going to create.

He was thinking of adding them via fake pilot method, I offered an alternative.

I did not make the pylons because swambast is making an -F and it's much better to have the pylons as part of the model.also I'm using the YAP -F as a Wildweasil.

As far I looked for those pylons I understood they dont exist.

And they aren't useful as no IRM is on board in Yap missions, so I deleted the relative weaponstation from the ini where they were left after copyng that from the stock D ......

BTW this model has a little shadow rope issue unsolved even in YAP 3 so it's no realy good.

Sometimes ago I made a Rocaf dedicated version that I sent to Jon for a Formosa campaign optional use with some removed parts but he never used yet.

Geary, my post was addressed to RAVEN and the pylons that he was going to create.

He was thinking of adding them via fake pilot method, I offered an alternative.

RGR.

I did not make the pylons because swambast is making an -F and it's much better to have the pylons as part of the model.also I'm using the YAP -F as a Wildweasil.

RGR.

As far I looked for those pylons I understood they dont exist.

And they aren't useful as no IRM is on board in Yap missions, so I deleted the relative weaponstation from the ini where they were left after copyng that from the stock D ......

BTW this model has a little shadow rope issue unsolved even in YAP 3 so it's no realy good.

Sometimes ago I made a Rocaf dedicated version that I sent to Jon for a Formosa campaign optional use with some removed parts but he never used yet.

Paulo,

You're right.  The pylons don't exist.  I was hoping there was a set out there somewhere I could attach.  I don't use the YAP missions as I can't get them to work properly and I'm migrating to a new gamer that has trouble running SF1.

But I love the YAP objects and planes.  I'm trying to use much of their stuff in SF2. 

I know there's a shadow rope on the F model.  I think it may be from the refueling probe.  I haven't had time to experiment with trying to track it down as I've been moving stuff over to the new computer and trying to get everything up and running.  But even if I find the culprit causing the shadow rope, I don't know how to fix it and I don't care to loose the refueling probe.  Also don't have an out file.

I suppose I could delete the A2A stations and use the plane for Wild Weasel and ground attack missions as Raven does and YAP intended, but I like ordnance options when I fly.  The better I can defend myself the better my chances of making it back alive.  The further out I can hit a target, the better I like it.

I have one you converted for Formosa.  I thought it was a D-to-A model.  I'll have to look it over again. 

I'm guessing there is no other F model out there?  

not at the moment Geary.  me thinks its one of those "those that don't have it want it"  buuuut  the old heads that are best at working max have it from the early YAP days and haven't gone to make it.  nobody likes reinventing the wheel and alot of the best inventors have that wheel.

its defineately on my to do list when i can afford Max2009, if someone hasn't finished one by then.

Well, I'm partnering up with a great person on the F-100F, so it is next up on the list and together we should be able to make good progress.  Don't worry about all that converting YAP crap as we'll get her a new form and bring her up to SF2 standards anyway.

If anyone wants to step up and give her a righteous paint job after we get the UV unwraps/texture maps laid out, please drop me a PM.

Edited by swambast

swambast,

REALLY looking forward to this.

I'd volunteer to help but I don't have any painting skills.  Or, unfortunately, any skills for that matter.