Coupi

Classical HDD + SSD conf. SF2 install question

Hello,

Please... just a little question!

During the SF2 install process is it possible to choose the classical HDD when the OS (W8) is installed on the SSD?

Otherwise said: choose between loadind/speed advantages vs space for huge mods! 

Coupi.

Edit: I would like to install the SF2 Core on the SSD* (C:) and play with the "modded SF2 part" on the Classical** HDD (T:)

* 180 Go current free space

** 1.80 To current free space

Edited by Coupi

Not during install, it is however possible, either by having your whole user folder on the HDD (can't remember how, but I guess it's in user management, something about profile path), or by moving only the SF2 mod folder and using a junction (use Link Shell Extension if you are unsure on how to do it).

Ok Gunrunner!

Many many thanks... I go to test another SF2 install directly to the bigger HDD,

I'll see... :blind:

With an install on the HDD, you'll still end up with the mod folded on the SSD if you have left your user profile there.

Ok, :)

so I should move my user profile from the SSD to the other HDD?

How to do it! I see this way...

Coupi.

You can install your SF2 on your SSD and have your mod folder on your regular HDD!

What you do is create your modded exe, and it will go to my documents saved games thirdwire folder. In your mod folder, open your options ini. THere you will see two file paths for the mod and the screenshots. Move everything except the options.ini to your regular HDD and make sure the path in your options.ini points to that new location.

• Like 1

Oh! Super!!!

Thank you Centurion... this is ok!

Now I have the SF2 core on the SSD and the SF2 mods folder on the bigger HDD.

Coupi. good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

Edited by Coupi

I put my SF2 on my HHD (D drive, 3 TB). 

Since SF2 automatically puts the "mod" folder on your "C" drive (my SSD, 256 GB), all I did was change the "options.ini" file in the "C" drive mod folder directory location back to the HHD. 

That way both the game and the real mod folder (208 GB mod folder and counting) are still on the 3 TB HHD and it minimizes what I have on my SSD.

I have a 1Tb HDD as my C:/ drive and a 256Gb SSD as my D:/ drive. I have all my SF2 core files installed on the SSD D:/ drive and my SF2 mods folders in the standard place on the C:/ drive, and it all works perfectly, smooth as silk from the SSD drive.

Maybe I have not (yet) tried hard enough, but putting my mod-folder on the (HDD) D did not work out for me...

I have SF2 on the D, but (for now) kept my mod-folder on the (SSD) C.

Edited by stingray77