That is Julhelms ATF projekt. PM him.

I said that without moving my lips...

Man you know you should start to release your stuff... like the He-277, whata beauty :deadhorse:

more pics of the F-22B?

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Believe it or not, that single tail was part of General Dynamics offical submission to the ATF program. So what you have there is 100% real design.

Uh ok, looks realy interesting I like your shadow cat and this design! Thanks for the hard work! But the vertail kills the RCS of this plane  :assassin:

Now do it drinking a glass of water

You owe me a new keyboard...

Uh ok, looks realy interesting I like your shadow cat and this design! Thanks for the hard work! But the vertail kills the RCS of this plane  :assassin:

Yeah it does, which is one of the reasons GD lost.

Yes, but none of those would work because of weight and structural reasons which is why GD had to compromise with the vertical tail. If the concept had won, the single tail is what would have been flown. It's almost as if you people think I don't research my models or something.

I think another point that made it lose it was that the distributed radar scheme (its nose section was too small for a radar of the power/range chosen, so the LERX were supposed to house secondary antennas to compensate, the wing pods apparently were supposed to house rearward facing antenna as well) was deemed a technological uncertainty and when added to compromised RCS except in select quadrants, it sealed the fate of GD's proposal.

Hi Julhelm, I am sorry, there must be a misunderstanding.

I am not putting to question how and why you choose which aircraft or which version (final or experimental) you would model - that is entirely up to you of course.

I think another point that made it lose it was that the distributed radar scheme (its nose section was too small for a radar of the power/range chosen, so the LERX were supposed to house secondary antennas to compensate, the wing pods apparently were supposed to house rearward facing antenna as well) was deemed a technological uncertainty and when added to compromised RCS except in select quadrants, it sealed the fate of GD's proposal.

The other proposals from Lockheed, Northrop and Boeing all used 3 radar arrays with an IRST. GD's had 2 arrays in the LERX and an IRST in the nose. Amazingly GD scored 3rd place ahead of Boeing which had a much better design. Also Lockheed won with a design that was literally unflyable.

Edited by Julhelm

Looks like there is alot of work for Julhelm :biggrin: on this site, but that desing looks great!

Navalized F-22

navalisedf22.jpg

Hot version

atf11.jpg

:beach: