Hi,If this has been asked before or covered I apologize. I Have Dcs flaming cliffs on disk and my A-10 install is thru Steam,I know Steam automatically updates the software to most current version ,Will I still have to do the DCS world updates? Or is it not required to run either title? I just installed so was wondering what I need to do next? Thanks for the 411 on it.

Dave is the master on this but, I know I initially downloaded A-10C through steam. And used that same CD key and it worked with the DCS install. Unless Dave it has changed.

What porterjr just said. You can download it from the DCS website and your CD Will work just fine and wont even need to mess with Steam.

Hi,If this has been asked before or covered I apologize. I Have Dcs flaming cliffs on disk and my A-10 install is thru Steam,I know Steam automatically updates the software to most current version ,Will I still have to do the DCS world updates? Or is it not required to run either title? I just installed so was wondering what I need to do next? Thanks for the 411 on it.

Does the steam version update to 1.2.5? - thought they were only upgrading World and the downloadable modules from now on

If you are intending to merge them into DCS world then the only thing you need is a key, and the full DCS world download  -  you will be ditching standalone versions and using download modules from DCS only from my experience

None of your settings can be carried over from what I understand (too many changes to lua file in world)

I needed Lock on installed before the FC3 module would run - but once done uninstalled original lock on totally

My disk version of DCS A-10C was also totally uninstalled - only the A-10C module download is needed to be installed in World

confused?............I know I was

DCS A-10 on Steam is NOT DCS World. The Steam version is the standalone version which stops at 1.1.1. Starting with 1.2 all DCS products are part of DCS World.

You need to DL DCS World and the A-10C module from ED's site and install them (World first) and the activation for the Steam A-10 will work with the DCS one with no extra steps. DCS World does a daily check for updates and updates itself when one is found, albeit not nearly as fast as Steam does.

Thanks guys! Yeah it was a little confusing and I wanted to ask before I messed up the install.