SteveLohr

B-29 just flew over my house

oh i like to see that bird in the air , but i think that will never happen

that must be a fantastic sound

you are a lucky man

hoping one day the peacekeeper may once again back into the air ! The B-35, I think,is much more magnificent and elegant than the B-29 ! And indeed much more poweful ...

I was once working on a chimney in Longformacus when a Lanc, Spitfire & Hurricane flew over - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. Very cool and totally unexpected.

A few days later a very low flying C130 skimmed around the trees, flew straight up the vista of the big house, banked right above the same house. Very exciting because I'd jumped out a few. When I say low, I mean 200 ft. Got the sheep running for cover but I f------ loved it. Sometimes noise can be so damn cool!

The battle of Britain memorial flight used to fly along the road I grew up on, on their way to the Southport air show.  I miss those times; it is a thrill.

I was working as a cable installer in southern California (east San Fenando Valley, just north of Hollywood) one thursday back in 1997 or '98, I think, when I heard a roar unlike anything I'd heard live before, and I used to jump C-130's, too. I looked up just in time to see what I thought was a B-17 disappearing behind a building. Wasn't sure if that's what it was, the glimpse was so quick. A few minutes later I heard the roar again, getting louder this time, so I waited and watched as a B-24 appeared on the other side of the sky. Amazingly awesome, and I'd watched C-5's take off and land when I was in the Air Force.

But I couldn't help feeling a little perplexed. Sure, I'd only gotten a fleeting glance at the plane earlier, but how in the world could I have mistaken a Liberator for a Flying Fortress? It didn't add up.

A few minutes later the sound once again started getting louder and when I looked, lo and BE-hold (not just behold, but BE-hold), there was a B-17 coming around the same flight path. Turned out both planes were on display at the Burbank Airport through the weekend, courtesy the Confederate Air Force. I took my son out there that saturday and climbed trough them (rides were available but out of my price range at $300 for a ten- or twenty-minute flight). The experience was special for me because my dad piloted both in WWII.

I work near the Naval Test Pilot school and they bring in a variety of different aircraft for the students to fly, one of which is a B-25 "Panchito".  Beautiful aircraft. Other aircraft include a Mig-15 and what appears to be an old HAS-7 helicopter.  A couple of years back the Wright Flyer was here for a short period of time and really was a sight to see. 

I work at Newcastle Airport...I wasn't on during the weekend airshow in Sunderland..but had to pop in on Sunday.

Just in time to watch the Lancaster take off....utterly amazing