UK_Widowmaker

Ollie Cromwell

Possibly not the most popular person in English History...but when it came to Parliament...he knew how to kick ass!

This his speech :- (could be equally read out in the 21st Century...to these pathetic peasants in Power!!!)

Oliver Cromwell MP's speech on the dissolution of the Rump of the Long Parliament, given to the House of Commons, 20 April 1653.

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice;

ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government;

ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you?

Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes?

Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone!

So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

That told 'em!!!!!!

There were only two men who ever entered parliament with a good idea one was Cromwell the other was guy Fawkes.

• Like 1

....sounds like we need a guy like that in the U.S. MF'in Congress...

:dntknw:

SidDogg

He was definitely NOT Ireland's most endeared historical figure, but when I read this speech of his it occurrs to me that, like the UK, Ireland could do with a man like this right now.

Both our parliamentary systems are completely ROTTEN TO THE CORE and need a complete wipe out, in every sense of the term. The UK and Ireland; what were once proud nations, are now

nothing more than subservants to a foreign dictatorship.

And while both our countries gradually fall to pieces, our citizens prefer to catch up on brain draining crap like Jeremy Kyle and Dr. Phil........

:suicide:

• Like 1

one word........VENDETTA