that looks great , time to play IL-2 again  :good:

Thought the same as Stary posted that on fb... :good:

Hear about this a few weeks ago. Really, really excited to play Il-2 again!

This was announced several months back. It was within a month of the final CloD patch (at which time I wrote my review here) that it was announced 1C was dissolving the CloD team, the Battle of Moscow title was canned, and part of it was going to work with 777 on this new title using the ROF engine.

If you do not like the ROF business model (a few planes released initially and then later ones released for extra, always online for the campaign, etc), you won't like this either, it's the same. If you do like it, or at least don't mind it, you're good.

As a big Il-2 fan, definitely getting this...

Oh my....

This was announced several months back. It was within a month of the final CloD patch (at which time I wrote my review here) that it was announced 1C was dissolving the CloD team, the Battle of Moscow title was canned, and part of it was going to work with 777 on this new title using the ROF engine.

If you do not like the ROF business model (a few planes released initially and then later ones released for extra, always online for the campaign, etc), you won't like this either, it's the same. If you do like it, or at least don't mind it, you're good.

Sorry but you are absolutly wrong! Its completly different than ROF more similar to il2 than to ROF but also with just a few pay planes for the start only 2 .. the rest is free ingame!

Man this looks good. Since I can deal with 777's business model, I may look into this. 777 has sales every now and then which make the planes' cost a LOT more bareable. Not fond of the always online thing for the campaign to be sure but it hasn't hindered me yet. Rise of Flight is an outstanding sim so I expect this will be as well. I haven't seen oil on the Perspex since Secret Weapons of The Luftwaffe till RoF. That kind of detail brings a sim to life for me.

Guest hamvui9910

Can you show me how to dowload F/A-37 Talon by another website ?

My combatace can not use the download section now.

Sorry but you are absolutly wrong! Its completly different than ROF more similar to il2 than to ROF but also with just a few pay planes for the start only 2 .. the rest is free ingame!

I suppose that depends on how you define "completely different." Do you think First Eagles 2 is "completely different" from Strike Fighters 2? Because that's how different ROF and BoS are.

Take ROF, change the map from WWI to WWII Stalingrad, change the planes from WWI to WWII...and you get BoS.

ROF right now lets you fly 2 planes for free. Or for like $20 you can get the ICE upgrade which will let you fly 9. Then there are over a dozen other planes that you can buy a la carte.

BoS will be $50 for 6 planes, with 2 more free that must be unlocked, and 2 more that are included with the $90 version but must be bought separately otherwise. Apparently the plan is to release plane "packs" for a higher price than the ROF individual price containing a few planes, like the SF2 expansion packs did. No idea if they'll separate those out.

At that point you are right,  :biggrin:

Im more a friend of the old il2 system, so you are able to buy a full and complete game and not only one or two planes like in ROF. Their statement was that BoS will not have the same purchase system as ROF. So the game will be more complete and will have more planes flyable than the ROF. I have tested ROF and it is great! It makes fun but to be honest, I dont want to spent so much money on it to have all planes flyable. BoS will be different in that way, you can buy a copy with some flyable planes and im not the one who buys a game from the first day on. I made this mistake with Command and Conquer "Tuberium Sun" and it was just crap that costs 100 DM (Deutsche Mark) And that was alot of money at that time. 

I hope to get my hands on it later 2014 :beach:

• Like 1

The good news about ROF's system is if you can wait you can get the planes much cheaper. They have periodic sales plus they offer discounts for buying multiple planes at once, so instead of buying each plane as they come out you could wait until say 4 or 6 are out and then buy them together for the price of an expansion pack. A DIY version if it were.

From statements 777 has made it appears they're going to do that automatically, with a set of planes being released together that are theater or year linked.

While I share your desire for the previous era of "buy a product for a larger amount of money with many things in it", the market no longer sustains that model.

Seems Im a bit old fashioned, I have no problems with DLC`s or addons, but they should be worth the money. Im very interested in il2 and WW2, so I think I will wait till there will be a bigger pack for sale! It depents always on the money you want to spend for a product.

• Like 1

How the hell am I supposed run this on Windows 8?? I fails to start...

I for one hate the ROF Pay per plane model :angry:  777 studios? :ban: , I bought the original ROF and was utterly disgusted :banned:  with the lack of aircraft ,and astonished :blink:  they think this would be a great way to make money? :aggressive:

i'll never understand anyone who pays for "extra content? :blind:   When there is such a fantastic modding community out there, :biggrin:  and so many great games which have been transformed by the modding Gods.

The whole Steam thing too is the anti Christ of pc gaming as far as im concerned and I will never buy another Game that DEMANDS the hatful Steam :bad:  way of doing business, I look forward to the day they go out of business and will laugh my cock off at all the mugs who will lose everything they paid for over the last ten years when there servers disappear or burn to the ground? cant be too soon for me. 5 hours to download an update?  WHY do people accept that? I can't name a single title that worked first time out of the box? would you accept a new car like that? :assassin:

OK CD's are history, so why not have the games released on a usb stick or sim card or something Long live Modders! :angel:

Did you notice all the other flight sims that have come out in the last 5 years? Oh, right, there aren't any. They all went out of business or switched to making something other than sims because a few tens of thousands of copies at $40 each doesn't pay for multiple years of development anymore. BoS isn't on Steam, either.

So since people aren't buying them in large numbers, you can either pay more for the new sim or you can keep flying your old one.

ROF now offers 9 planes for the ICE which runs about $20, and they regularly have sales where you can buy them at a big discount. For the $60 price of a Call of Duty you can get a lot of planes in ROF now.

But hey, flight simmers are cheap bastards and don't want to pay more than $40 every several years for sims, so is it any surprise that the industry all but collapsed?

Oh, and NO game works out of the box anymore. Not even the $60 annual CoD's that need patches and nickel-and-dime you for maps at $15 a pack.

So have fun living in 2000, but that era is as dead as the Bill Clinton administration and the twin towers of the World Trade Center. There's no going back.