Anyone know how can I make this work without assigning an animation key to it? The ‘Blowback’ is easy (similar to the F-4) It’s the horizontal deploy and then rotate within the game limits that’s got me stumped. Any ideas? And to make life fun, the wings fold.

post-300-0-87916100-1375247852_thumb.jpg

never done it but  you can try to make a fake flap just a small box inside the flap give the frist half of the movente link the flap to the box and give the second half of the movement to the flap its self but this his a ini nightmare.

You won´t been able to do a timed movement and rotation just with INI entries, because the game will start every flap animation from the point you push the button. Therefor the rotation will start also at the same time.

For such a movement you have to make an animation in 3ds Max. If you´re running out on animation keys, try to use an INI entry only on other parts. Maybe Spoilers, airbrakes or something different with just one simple movement. Have you made the gear deploy animation in one slot for all gears?

If you want, i could take a look on the model and see if i find a way to save up one or the other animation key. :grin:

I have them animated in Max, but all I get is closed or full deploy with the key. I think I have idea to test something that might work.

this from the tornado wings

[swingWings]
SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE
CLiftdc=0.1800
CDdc=0.0300
DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_MACH
Setting[1].Angle=15.0
Setting[1].DeployValue=0.75
Setting[1].RetractValue=0.80
Setting[2].Angle=30.0
Setting[2].DeployValue=0.65
Setting[2].RetractValue=0.70
Setting[3].Angle=60.0
Setting[3].DeployValue=0.45
Setting[3].RetractValue=0.50
MaxDeflection=60.0
MinDeflection=0.0
ControlRate=0.2
AnimationID=5

you need multiple settings on the ini

As Florian said, you have only a limited number of animation slots for the external models. But you can save spome slots if you use some "tricks". Normaly all gear deplyanimations are in the very first slot together. It saves two slots. Damper animation are ususaly divided into 2, one for front gear and one for main gear (both gear) Saves one more slot. If you work this way you can use just one slot for the flap animation. It works also on my Su-25 ;)

Animation slot is not the problem ,it's flap position,then a veritable rotation controlled by airspeed, or I'm I missing something on how much I can control the animation with the .ini?can I have 3 flap positions?

The animation can be controlled like the slats?! They deploy also at specific speeds and angles. But your animation is far more complex than a simple slat deploy animation

I am not an expert modder, but I do like fiddling with the data.ini file of the aircraft, so I do apologize if the below proposal is a stupid one.

I think the only only way to achieve this complex movement would be by 2 separate animations.

Animation 1 - using for example the hook animation control or an automatic speed related control to have the flap move back and forth (Drawings 1 and 2 in your first post, RAVEN)

Animation 2 - using the flap control (manually activated) to have the flaps move down in take-off and landing configuration (Drawings 3 and 4 in your first post, RAVEN)

I have not seen such an arrangement in any model I have tried in the SF series, so I am not sure if it will really work, but at least I cannot think of a reason why it should not work. 

Think I know what bird this is...

checked both the others that are out, and neither has the correct flap animations, They just move down

Spent a couple of hours last night scrounging for books, as the D&S has NOTHING on the flaps!!!

but they definitely DO slid aft, then down. Not really Fowler type but close.There's several pictures (the best is one failing a wave off), and you can clearly see sky between the flaps and the lower wing.

This is more of a question of HOW to animate the flaps, as opposed to the way they right?

Newest legacy Hornets from MF have combined flaps, manual for take of and landing and automatic for normal flight.  

If you animate it back and down...the ini will do rest...as with slats...

Thanks everyone, and I think the thing to do is I'll make a testbed model ( very basic AC), and concept test. I'll post the results and of course the aircraft when DL are back up.

• Like 1

I know I am over tired...I read the title of this thread as "Fap Help" and I still opened it.... SMH.

Well, It works kinda sorta, They deploy aft ok, but I only can get 50' for takeoff and landing and no 'Blowback'. Linking nodes or multiple animation keys just makes a mess. If I set them as slats they stay full deploy on the ground and jack the wing fold .So it will work with two sets of flap data, one fake set for the nodes (looks), and one for the FM (flight).More testing planned .

post-300-0-62696200-1375425773_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-98085200-1375425784_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAVEN