Sign in to follow this  
Dave

A Reminder.......Please Back Up Your Stuff

I have been doing it for 2 days, so far 4 dual layer dvd's filled, 5 more to go then need 30 more to back up actual installs.

• Like 2

Doing it now. Don't have any installs right now (give it an hour and that'll change), but backing up my installers.

video card gave up the ghost a couple weeks back, so...

...lunch break at work, currently got a flash drive fillin up at home.

128GB. :good:

SidDogg

With the price of flash drives coming down I've taken to using those as well as my three external drives. DVDs (even BIG ones) just don't seem practical these days.

I have a flash drive for SF2 installs, one for my Microsoft FS installs, etc. Makes it very easy to find stuff when I need it. It is really amazing how many games can simply be zipped up and stored. And then unzipped and run without doing a formal re-install. I have not done a re-install of SF2 for years. Same with FS9, CFS2 and CFS3.

Good advice as always, Dave. I'm a backup fanatic.

450 GB worth still moving it. Long process. I bought a 2TB external "pocket size" perfect for this.

Edited by Rocketman73

I have been doing it for 2 days, so far 4 dual layer dvd's filled, 5 more to go then need 30 more to back up actual installs.

Dude, that's like so yesterday.  Pick one of these up, and then drop any SATA drive into it: http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-BlacX-eSATA-Docking-Station/dp/B001A4HAFS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It has both USB & eSATA interfaces.  If you run it under eSATA, you'll not notice any difference between your internal and external drives when it comes to speed.  Buy drives with 5 year warranties (like WD blacks), and you'll be set.

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 2

I just started to do some fixes on my Hurricanes befor re uploading the screen shots and surprise my PTO install Objects folder is corrupted . Panic time, nope cause I Backed it up!!!