Sign in to follow this  
RAVEN

Wing Fold and Pylon help

I.ve tried everything I can think of from linking to moving pivot points to make this work and "No Joy", The Wingfold is Animation_10, DeploymentMethod=MANUAL. The aircraft is just a Testbed. Any Ides's?

post-300-0-59882300-1375647448_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAVEN

Fixed It. Read an earlier post on the same problem and it’s related to the CG. Left wing was custom made for testing.

post-300-0-44455400-1375651592_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-09316600-1375652069_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAVEN

another thing that causes probs with things rotating oddly is...make sure meshes are correct size...xform reset all before animating etc.

Edited by russouk2004

I made a small box for the fold pivot and animation to make linking changes and Reset Xform on the other meshes simpler. Saves a lot of reanimation time.

So you are using a simple box object as pivot point?! And only Reset Xform on the other objects, all at once? Or does it even makes a difference?

What I did was make a small box , Reset Xform and Pivot to center and then set the fold animation key to the box, then I could make changes to any of the meshes in the ‘Hierarchy’ from the Fuselage to the pylon and not lose the animation. I unlinked everything , then made changes ,Reset Xform and pivots, then put it back together. That way I could move the box position in the ‘Hierarchy’ till I got the animation correct. Didn’t try it all at once. The reason I did it this way was to teach myself how to fold a wing and keep the weapons in the correct position, The aircraft I’m doing this for has no room for many changes as it is a 90% complete aircraft, so I made the testbed AC.

Edited by RAVEN