hurricane3

is there any point?

I had a computer made for me that will run most anything with all sliders maxed.

When I first got it FE1,CFS2 and FS9 all said they had missing DLL files( they are on an external Hard drive 2tb).CFS3 and IL2 Forgotten Battles ran fine and still do I redownloaded FS9 and CFS2 on my 1tb internal HD and they run fine.

I put my sims outside of the program files run as administrator in XP service pack 2,with UAC off.

I tried to redownload FE1 fully patched and when I got to the action screen it said it was missing a dll file and wouldn't run.I read that Microsoft took that dll out of Windows 7 which I'am running.

I don't understand why CFS2@3 and IL2 Forgotton battles run fin plus FS9 run great but FE1 won't.

Bottom line is ,is it worth trying to get FE1 to work? Or should I go with ROF or OFF? Thankyou

It might help if you tell us the name of the DLL. It sounds like a directx install issue.

Sorry I should have done that but since I unistalled FE1 I had forgotton the name of the DLL but I found it written down ,it's d3drm.dll

By the way how can I get my Hurricane avitar ,to not look like it was smoshed in a vise?

I currently have direct X 11 ,will downloading 9c hurt this?

I went through this when I upgraded to Windows 7. Installing a lower version of DirectX does not affect how the higher version runs. 

The avatars want to be square, so your Hurricane is being smashed from a rectangle into a square. Try adding some white space to the top and bottom of the image to make it a square.

OK ,now FE! works ,thankyou all so much. I don't know how to add white space to the top and bottom of my avatar ,could you give me some pointers?

Your Hurricane avatar looks fine to me hurricane3...just like the old FROG kit in fact, built one many years ago, tho mine was moulded in black plastic not grey...

frog-f188fhawkerhurricane2c.JPG

It only looks that way in the header for the message box and on the homepage,but it's no biggy,at least people like you know what a Hurri. is supposed to look like. Thanks for the reply.