Sign in to follow this  
mosherec

Single Mission Selectable Year Spread Fix for Add-On Aircraft

I have several add-on aircraft. When using them for a single mission, even though the aircraft have several years for which they are available in their data.ini, only the first year , or "start year" of availability displays as selectable in the single mission year drop down menu for these add-on aircraft. All other aircraft have a range of years selectable as normal. Anyone else encounter this and is there a fix?

I tried adjusting the options begin & end years for single missions in all four version of the game (SF2VN, SF2EUR, SF2I & SF2NA) that are on my PC but that didn't help.

Thanks much?

Edpost-32262-0-61342000-1375731463_thumb.jpgpost-32262-0-24730300-1375731482_thumb.jpg

Open the options.ini and scroll down to the [singleMission] portion and edit the dates:

StartYear=1900
EndYear=2050

this is what I use but it'll allow you to use the aircraft within the actual date ranges of the particular aircraft.

• Like 1

Hey Eric,

Thanks. I thought that would work too and tried before but result was the same. I still only get one year in the drop down list to pick from and it is always the first year the add-on aircraft is available, rather than the full span of years the aircraft was in service.

Not sure what else to do.

Wondering if it could be a file path issue or something.

The only thing I can think of is the map settings for years in which you'd have to extract the inis (IsraelME.ini, etc.) of each map and edit this line, which could also be the culprit:

[AllowedDates]
StartDate=1947
EndDate=2050

Edited by EricJ

Before extracting and messing with [AllowedDates] in game .INI's, I tried adjusting the available years for the aircraft giving me problems to earlier dates. For example, I changed F-14B(96) from Start-1996, End-2006 to Start-1976, End-1985. This fixed it, as the full span of years then became available from 1976-1985 per my change in the F-14B(96) DATA.INI

So I am guessing that it has to be, as you said, somewhere in the allowed years in the game .INI's.

Next I extracted them using Third Wire file Extractor and adjusted the [AllowedDates] dates as you suggested, but this had no effect. Not all of the Games have an [AllowedDates] line in the .INI. Only Vietnam, Israel and North Atlantic did. Europe did not. So I adjusted the ones that did, to no avail. Then tried removing these lines from all of them all together with same result.

After extracting and editing the files do I need to put them somewhere else or do they stay in the extracted files folder?

Or am I just way off course all together?

Thanks.

Thanks Wrench,

Read that. Tried putting edited INI in Flight mod folder and several other places in the mods folder and it has had no effect. I did notice that the only map INI that does not have a Specified range of allowed years by default is the GermanyCE one. Israel, Vietnam, and Iceland all have [AllowedDates] lines. Consequently any add-on aircraft works with all of its available dates selectable when choosing the Germany map but not with the other three. So it has to be an issue with the [AllowedDates] line as previously discussed. I just cannot seem to figure out how to work.

I am thinking simply extracting the INI and deleting the [AllowedDates] line in the Israel, Vietnam and Iceland maps will eliminate the date limitation as in the Germany map. But I cannot figure out where I need to put the edited INI after I have extracted and edited it so that it has the desired effect in game.

Okay. That got it. Now I am tracking like an AIM-9X. I get now how the mod folder works in series 2.

Thanks gentlemen for the assist.