CrazyhorseB34

Baseball:America's passtime or a boring bunch of barf?

I hate the modern era of baseball. I started my loathing of this boring excuse of a sport during the Clemens, McGuire, Sosa PED affairs. Why don't we just end the madness. Maybe get rid of the bums liars and cheaters and cut the season down to 25 games then it might be sort of exciting. As it is now all I see is fat people acting like infants and doing virtually nothing athletic at all for three hours every night. The only thing baseball has ever given the human species is the baseball cap. BTW I am a HUGE football fan! I would love to reanimate Ted Williams and watch him slap the shit out of A Rod. The modern game is garbage and could be used as a great analogy for modern American society.

• Like 1

HERESY!

Granted, I am NOT going to defend idiots like "A-Rod", (I hate the name), and the other 12 players suspended for PED. I loved it when he was booed when he walked onto the field here recently. Every sport has its losers, egos, and poseurs. Should I even begin to mention all the numbnuts in football? Nah, I'd get typing cramp. The trick here I think is to look beyond the problem people and focus on enjoying your favorite pastime. Nothing like watching a minor league battle on a warm afternoon with a hotdog and a beer. I love watching the signals flying back and forth and the duels between the pitcher and the firstbase runner. Watching a split second grab by a good shortstop and his rocket arm throw to first, or the incredible acceleration of the runner stealing second and its obvious there are some outstanding athletes out there on the field. And listening to the fans comment on a play is half the fun; I swear Ive had more laughs per minute at the ballpark listening to fans then anywhere else in the world. And if there is nearly 200 games in a season, hey, more to love! And coupled with baseballs long storied history and deeply loved traditions, baseball is a part of America's fabric.

The Japanese didn't copy football after the war... taunt.gif.pagespeed.ce.LZwTRVdeg4.gif

Summer, beer, gals, and baseball...where can you enjoy all at the same place than a ballpark. And what's more American that that?

P.S. Yes, I love football too. GO CHARGERS!

Edited by pcpilot

I like minor league games.  Durham Bulls games have a nice atmosphere and are not very pricey for tickets.

• Like 1

I;m a huge baseball fan and watch my Tigers every time they are on. You cannot condemn the whole sport because of a few idiots. The rule should be if you are caught you are banned for life. I mean in football you have all the players in trouble with the law. One even murdered a dude. So in baseball you have PED's in football you have criminals whats the difference. None of them in either sport can act right. Don't watch it if you do not like baseball. I grew up on it and football. I remember listening to the radio with my dad to catch a Tiger game when it wasn't on TV. Its not fair to condemn a whole sport because of a few stupid asses, that goes for football and baseball.

Yeah Arthur, I watch the Missoula Osprey games; love 'em!

I watched a lot MLB.com and SportsCenter last night since suspensions on other teams could be integral to The Royals' playoff chances (I'm looking at you Johnny Peralta) and from the interviews and responses on twitter, etc. it seems that  most players are really sick of the PED thing. I am too, but I also Bud Selig is a bit overzealous. Either way, it's not stopping me from watching baseball, especially with a team that's clean and is totally red hot right now. 

Well about Peralta there Todd. We fixed that, we picked up this defensive god named Iglesias. So we are covered at short stop. So your playoff chances haven't changed. :lol:

Panama, a good game of "rounders" never hurt anyone. This is an OPINION post. If people love baseball then have fun with it. I am just sick of the whole mess. Sure, I have been to a MLB game 25 years ago had a great time, but now I don't think I could deal with it without slipping into a semi coma. The festival aspect of it is just fine. It is the boring nature of the game with the added behind the scenes asshattery that I dislike. No one can tell me that baseball players are true athletes. Look at them. Compare Big Papi to RG3. I rest my case. The new look with no leggings is just so un baseball. If I want to see an athletic contest between two teams of athletes and not a collection of individuals then NFL is the only way to go. College football on the other hand is pure garbage. Until we have a true championship playoff system I could care less what they do. I was raised to love the Baltimore Colts and Washington Redskins. I was indoctrinated to hate the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, Patriots, and Chargers. Indy Colts and the New York Football Giants are my teams today ( no Manning connection just coincidence). The Giants and Colts played the greatest game ever in 1958. Giants won my loyalty in the 80's. Baseball, Soccer, and Golf are just things that I don't have time for. Baseball died for me in the 90's. Maybe one day I will return to my Dodgers but until then all I have are the memories of a game that today just is not the same.

Well about Peralta there Todd. We fixed that, we picked up this defensive god named Iglesias. So we are covered at short stop. So your playoff chances haven't changed. :lol:

He did have a pretty good fielding percentage with Boston, but he hasn't been in the Show for all that long. Though if having played in Cuba means he's anything like Yasiel Puig, then well... damn.

Check his batting average among rookies. This guy is damn good.

NCAA ball and College World Series for me from now on.

I cant/wont watch baseball on TV, but love live games. Minor league games even more as they often play with more heart.

Like many pro sports, the use of PEDs, stupid high bonues/salaries, ticket prices and the "look at me" showmanship mentality have ruined the once fun atmosphere.

Plain and simple, the people who used the PEDs cheated. Pete Rose will forever have a black mark on his excellent career. Idiot-rod only got busted for 150+ (?) games.

As for the Tigers, I'm headed back up to Ann Arbor for TDY and I'm going to the 27th night game when they host the A's. I'll be thinking of you Dave!

-Jeff