Dave

About the Downloads and Subscriptions

The downloads are back up about 90%. (there are 438 more files to sort etc)

But we need help with the following:

1. Check your files you uploaded, modders I'm looking at you, if there is no screen shot PLEASE put one in there. I'm still looking at you modders.

2. Check your subscriptions. Erik said he extended everyone because of the downtime. If you see something wrong let us know. We will fix it. We gave everyone their time back plus 2 extra week as a way of saying thanks for your continued patience.

3. Finally of you see any files missing, lets us know so we can find them or the community can find then and we can get them back up.

Erik used every bit of cash CombatAce had to fix it. He even poured his own money in it. So the coffers are empty. The funny thing about is that the biggest complainers about the download sections being down, were the ones who never put a dime into the site. Not a single penny. So shame on those people who complained but never helped out. So if your are feeling generous we would a appreciate the help.

Erik has been doing this non stop for weeks, this is all he has done for hours and hours and hours, days an days and days, weeks and weeks and weeks all because the data center fucked up. Erik didn't fuck up, the company that handles billions of dollars in data, fucked up. If it wasn't for Erik the legacy of CombatAce and Strike Fighters in particular would be gone. And he did this all while still recovering form damn near dying on us last year.

So I am standing on top of the hill and I need you all to form on me, and lets get Erik across the finish line on this.

got a donate link?..............I'll bite!

nevermind.....its called "subscriptions" hidden in plain sight on the main page......duh

I'm in. But the 'Subscription' button appears, blinks, and then disappears as the page loads. Where does it go?

Capture.JPG

At first glance it looks like there aren't any pictures of downloadable skins, which is a really big area for OFF users. I have a few that I have posted in the past. How do we go about uploading them?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Beard

Well, The following message appears when I look at the "skins" I had uploaded before. Any suggestions on how to best address and clean this up would be appreciated. I would have no problem in resubmitting them once I know how to best address it.

post-52329-0-97365900-1375914818_thumb.png

There are still 400 some files left for Erik to fix, to give it a few day then check again.

'Subscription' button appears, blinks, and then disappears as the page loads.

Found it.

Dave/Erik;

Subscription upgrade donation in the mail!  Your efforts are much appreciated by all I'm sure. We often fail to credit those who work in the background but\ I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts.

Please post a message when you feel you have completed the recovery so we will know when to react and add any missing files that we contributed.

Best Regards

I just took a look at the "Downloads" section and it appears at first glance that Eric has recovered all the files. Cudos to Eric!!

If anyone notices and problems In the Downloads area, please share the info.

Best Regards to all;

subs.png

got a donate link?..............I'll bite!

nevermind.....its called "subscriptions" hidden in plain sight on the main page......duh

Donation and subscriptions are handled differently, both of which can be found by opening the drop down next to your name in all skins, see items #1 and #2 in above image.

I'm in. But the 'Subscription' button appears, blinks, and then disappears as the page loads. Where does it go?

The subscription button should remain regardless, it's a hard link in the top menu and member drop down menu. What version and browser are you using?

At first glance it looks like there aren't any pictures of downloadable skins, which is a really big area for OFF users. I have a few that I have posted in the past. How do we go about uploading them?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Beard

Any help on images would be greatly appreciated. I will get around to them at some point but it took three plus weeks to get the files back and there were multiple images per download file. So I'm not looking forward to that. Going forward this won't be a problem even in the worst case scenario of recovery, this was learning just how good my backups were the hard way. However in regards to images you have to be the file author (the person who uploaded the file) OR a Forum Moderator (like Hauksbee) and then it's just a simple process of editing the file (see image) following the upload form to remove old images and uploading new images. The file will not need to be uploaded. Then click submit and you're done for that file.

edit.png

Well, The following message appears when I look at the "skins" I had uploaded before. Any suggestions on how to best address and clean this up would be appreciated. I would have no problem in resubmitting them once I know how to best address it.

See above for editing files that you uploaded or "authored" or if you're a forum moderator. I'm open to extended forum moderator status if you want to add images to other files that don't belong to you, contact me via PM if this applies. "Broken" files should all be cleared up now, as I believe was mentioned. Broken meant I hadn't associated a file to the download record.

Found it.

:ty:

I just took a look at the "Downloads" section and it appears at first glance that Eric has recovered all the files. Cudos to Eric!!

If anyone notices and problems In the Downloads area, please share the info.

Best Regards to all;

Yes files are done but as mentioned screenshots (as mentioned here are "big part of the download section") are not handled yet.

Thanks Reik;

I fixed my submissions.

Best Regards;

Thank you kind sir .... I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to get some help with that stuff. It's very very very much appreciated.  :imhappy: