Sign in to follow this  
navychief

BigOnDigital.com

I learned a valueable lesson this past couple of weeks. On 5 March, I ordered a DLP projector from Big On Digital. They had a great price on one of the websites I go to for cost comparisons. Unfortunately, I didn't do my "homework" as far as reading up on consumer opinions of this company. Big mistake on my part.

Supposedly, my projector is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but I am skeptical. For weeks now, I have called this company, and got the runaround everytime.

When I finally did do some searching for consumer complaints on this company, I was dismayed to find websites with over 20 pages!

Hopefully I will get the projector tomorrow. I will let y'all know the outcome.

I have the 60" x 80 "pull-down screen ready, and ceiling mount installed.

I'll take pictures when it's all set up.

Navy Chief

Take some pics if you can Chief, sounds like it will be a blast! Hope you get it soon. What is the price if you don't mind me asking? :)

Bob

Got my 65" HD RPTV Beat...Would love to see some pics.. You gonna pipe the PC thru it?

The projector is a BenQ PB2240. Cost is around $1700. That varies a lot, of course, but don't make the mistake I made in going with the lowest price!

It has a rating of 2000 lumens, with a bulb life of 3000 hours, in "economy" mode; which means if I select that, the colors might not be too bright. I will experiment with that, for sure. The bulbs for these things ain't cheap; about 2-300 bucks!!

The projector plugs into the computer, in place of the monitor.

I will take pictures for certain, if the darn thing ever gets here.

Navy Chief

post-169-1111591829_thumb.jpg

Just an update on things. I did finally get my projector, but the headaches I had to go through with BigOnDigtal were not worth the hassle. Additionally, there are some questionable trade practices going on with that company. I would steer clear of them at all costs.

Navy Chief

P.S. By the end of this week, I will have a TrackIR3, Vector expansion addon, and the AudioFX Force Feedback Gaming Headset. My wife has been nagging at me for spending too much time on the computer. Heck, once this equipment arrives, she might be sliding food under the door to me, as I am gonna be flyin' a lot more!!!!!!

Not quite ready to take pictures. But will soon, I hope. Am replacing the windows in my house, so things will be sorta messed up until then.

NC

My wife has been nagging at me for spending too much time on the computer.

Welcome to the club,just make sure that once in a while you get her some flowers,perfume,a peck on the cheek and she ought be a happy pup...then again....