Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Notice to ALL Modders and Uploaders....

As you all know, the downloads are back on line

what you may NOT know, is that most (well, just about ALL) the screenshots associated with them are gone.

What we need to do is as time goes along, have those people that have uploaded mods to re-upload their screenshots for them.

You should be able to do this via the Edit button at the bottom of the announcement statements

Now, we know that you all can't reapprove the files after the Edit, but we'll do the best we can to get them up as fast as possible

Thanks Gents (and any Ladies!)

edit button.jpg

Cool, I'll start crackin at my stuff this weekend...

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. I started with those I care about the most and will continue tomorrow :)

I'm just going through my archive with "date modified", starting with the most recent and working back. (of course, the WW2 stuff seem to be coming first...!!)

I'll only be updating my SF2 stuff, not going to bother with the 1stGen stuff a loooooong time to come.

Ya know, even KNOWING how many zips of JUST my stuff are in the archive (my externals), I never realized just how many mods actually DO have my name on them ... jeez... I gotta get a life!! :biggrin:

Folks:

I've re-added pics to all my stuff in the Downloads section, both Gen 1 and Gen 2. One thing to note: when adding a screenshot, be sure to delete or remove the "No Screenshot" pic, or that will continue to serve as the default screenshot, not the one you uploaded.

I notice that several of my downloads are "broken" -- meaning, files currently not on the sever. I assume those are still to be re-added by Erik. Any estimate on when that will occur?

One final thought: there are going to be lots and lots of missing screenshots, even after currently active modders re-upload screenshots for their downloads. A real pity, as those screenshots are valuable to potential downloaders and give the place a "well-maintained" look and feel.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

good catch EH! I'd forgotten to mention that ... as I've been doing just that pretty much all day...

as to the rest, we're working on it, EH

truly we are!!

Edited by Wrench

take you time with this gents ... Eric and I are still going through the archives, making sure files marked as "Broken" really are. Some show, download, but are corrupted.

So, lets make haste, SLOWLY, as they say!

Hi there,

Just working through my old stuff to add in the screenshots.

A quick question:-

When adding in a number of screenshots is there any way to set which one is used as the "title screen" or does the software just pick one at random -  as seems to be the case?

Cheers,

Baltika

Yes after you have added uploaded screenshots, before submitting just click on one of the thumbnails and a green tick will appear on it - assume it works....................

You can also do this to files already uploaded by going into edit

I've decided that now is a good time to update (fix) all of my planes before uploading any new ones to give the upload section some relax time. The updated ones will be uploaded as they are finished and it's a good way " To make haste slowly" folks.:)

Yes after you have added uploaded screenshots, before submitting just click on one of the thumbnails and a green tick will appear on it - assume it works....................

You can also do this to files already uploaded by going into edit

Thanks Mig, will check it out!

Slainthe!

just put screenies to abunch of mine. funny how they disappear off of your own files list while waiting for approval.  waiting on two of my files due to impending upgrades to the files themselves not just new screenies

Did you deleate the blank screenshot? I just did the same and the new pic's showed right up.

yes. indeed!

don't forget to delete the blank ones!!