Sign in to follow this  
wiegehts

!!!!! Thirdwire, someone from the Development team please...

:?:

okay.. I am starting to get actually pissed off, I apologize, but this is downright getting rediculous.

I am happy for those that have been able to "upgrade" the software, but for me, I have had seemingly nothing but "beta" from the get go.

First off, let me say this.. I think this game has Excellent potential, however it was released early, and has many faults. I was hoping that this update can fix these, but If the update won't even work, well.. you tell me.

I have Just recently (Jan 14th/2003) purchased Strike Fighters P1, from a Circuit city @ 39.99$ US,...only to find that it was extremely buggy, and missing many portions of the program. I CAN not even Eject in the game... and no I am not talking about "eye candy" but... actuall Ejection... I press SHIFT-ESC and boom bam.... ... Nothing.

Aircraft can land, then "TUMBLE" across the ground literally digging the Front end of the aircraft into the ground and have NO effect on the planes.

There are many issues that are obviously in need of fixing, and I Think that you guys must have fixed these issues with the patch you just released, however I cannot get the patch to Run.

I have included a Screen shot that shows the error I am getting when I try to upgrade to service pack 1.

I have completely reinstalled the program from scratch... all new, completey fresh install off of my Strike Fighters CD. My CD is Blue, with wispy clouds in the background as a sort of texture, and has all the company names that have been affiliated with its' release. I dont know if it matters but the cd also has on the left side of it.. (under the Title) the numbers 24147CD.

The only reason Im telling you this is simple, I may have a pre-release cd.. or somthing of the sort... aka.. (THE WALMart Version) even though I bought it just recently.

Please take a Look at this screen shot, and help me with any insight you may have... anyone please.

Thank you..

--Thirdwire/StrategyFirst Customer.

I got that, too, untill I installed it again in the default path (C:Program FilesStrategy FirstStrike Fighters). I agree, it seems very Mickey Mouse.

Hope you get it working, because the new effects are great!

wiegehts,

Looks like one of the files is either corrupted or missing, or its not looking at the right directoy. Where do you have the game installed to?

One thing that might be causing the problem, if you select "Yes" on the first screen (which will uninstall the game), but don't follow through with the installer program (by cancelling out), it'll leave the game uninstalled. Go check to see if the Strike Fighters is still installed. If not, reinstall, and make sure to select "No" on that first screen.

TK

--

I'd try installing to the C: drive like galanti suggested. galanti, did you get your's at Circuit City also?

TK, quick question, is it safe to install over my existing install and not loose add-on skins, etc...

Thirdwire, I have the software installed directly from the cd, and now into the default C: drive ... (meaning C:programfiles..thirdwire.. etc.. )..

I did have it default to my D: drive initally, but I have completey uninstalled the program and now installed into the default C: drive now.

Still the same situation..

as far as the two options... ( I do not have any mod's installed) so I just continue with the installation... but still I get the Same error that I posted before.

Anything else you guys can think of??...

I have no way of telling you whether or not what "Version" I have... it seems that the Service pack is unable to update mine because it is looking at the right file.. but.. Wrong Version .....

Let me know.. anything thanks..

:(

Rogue,

I'd make a back up copy of all the mods, and do a patch on a clean and fresh install. Skins should be no problem, but any mods that adds data files (*.ini files) will get in the way of patches. And the patch intaller, if you select "Yes" on the first screen, will delete your Strike Fighters folder completely just to make sure... :shock:

TK

--

Hey Tk what about DX9 seems alot of people that have DX9 are having problems. just giving you a heads up.

:D

I got it on D drive,runs good---i've got mods,runs good---i've got dx9 and it runs good. :wink:

Thanks, TK. I'll backup my skins and mods and do a fresh install.

Cheers.

Did a clean install, DX9, added mods......got shot down by a SAM. So it works for me. :shock:

Ouch! I guess that is one way to learn that it is working.

wiegehts,

sorry to hear you're still having problem, not sure what it could be... as for checking version, when you run Strike Fighters, on the main screen at the bottom right corner should be the version number.... and it should say v10-11-02. Let me know if you have this number.

TK

--

Guest Ranger332

Iam running DX9 winxp and have negitive problems to report at this time gj TK ty and your team

Thridwire... I Do NOT have the number in the Bottom right corner of my screen once I start... infact I have no Number at all...

THis should clear alot of things up... im betting...

:( :?

wiegehts,

Sorry to hear that, that means you do have WalMart version for some reason... I'll have to ask some quesitons tomorrow to find out how it ended up in Circuit City :evil:

In any event, if you send e-mail to Strategy First, with a photocopy of your CD, they'll send you a replacement CD.

TK

--

Man, I thought WalMart was on the bottom of the software food chain. Guess it's really Circuit City. :lol:

Thirdwire... THANK YOU :)

You guys are Exceptional!

For those who are unaware,.. they have Helped me.

Bravo to the Thirdwire team. :D

if you got it at CC then you might take it back and explain to them that you got a recalled version and they might exchange it for you.

How about amazon.com? I have the same patch problems as descibed earlier and NO version number as well. Bought the CD through amazon. Can I send an e-mail to Strategy First, with a photocopy of the CD, or should I do battle with amazon.con? :roll:

No problems here expect that HL wont recognize my .exe file for MP. even after typing it in and everything it wont work.

Cheeers

:)

How about amazon.com? I have the same patch problems as descibed earlier and NO version number as well. Bought the CD through amazon. Can I send an e-mail to Strategy First, with a photocopy of the CD, or should I do  battle with amazon.con?  :roll:

If ANYONE has the bad...errrrr...no version number copy, send in the info to Strategy First and they'll replace it with the gold. You could try to battle with Amazon, but you'll get guaranteed results dealing with Strat First. :)

TK.

Mine version numb. at the main screen all ready patched appears :

v 01.16.03 ....It is correct ???