To all,

This is a nice little package but when I use the US AFB the runways are missing ... They look like Grass Runways ... What did I screw up and will Stary's terrain update remedy this?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Bobby

Taterd:

Which base is missing runways? I'm not aware of any that are missing runways, and none of the hundreds of others who have downloaded and installed the mod have reported such a problem.

Which SF2 titles are part of your base install?

Eric Howes

Eric,

I probably have done something wrong.  In the campaign mode I have flown two missions out of Macdill AFB and the runway are missing although the objects on the airfield seem to be in place.  I used the execute command from SF2 V as the base when I modded.  But I have SF2E, SF2NA, SF2I and have loaded several add on campaigns such as NATO5, ODS, SF2NA EXPANSION, and Falklands ... all of those seem to work fine?  Thanks for the help I try to follow the instructions when I mod so I do not have ask stupid questions.

Bobby

Eric,

When I take off from MacDill I look around and other airfields in the area seem to be missing runways too ...

Bobby

which cat are you pointing the terrain too?

the original release of the terrain require the Desert cat

I had that happening also.

The only thing that solved that was to copy the desert.cat into my cubaotc folder and rename it cubaotc.cat

also put two slashes infront of the line that points to the cat file in your cubaotc.ini

like this : //CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

My best regards, Kodiak.

Taterd:

You wrote:

I used the execute command from SF2 V as the base when I modded.  But I have SF2E, SF2NA, SF2I and have loaded several add on campaigns such as NATO5, ODS, SF2NA EXPANSION, and Falklands ... all of those seem to work fine?

The ReadMe clearly specifies that minimum requirements for installing the mod are:

Strike Fighters 2 (SF2), plus
 Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam (SF2V)

In other words, you need the original SF2 with the Desert.cat terrain (as Kodiak points out). That's why you're missing runways as well as a number of other things that you haven't yet noticed.

You could edit the Cat pointer line in the terrain's main .INI file so that it reads:

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

Currently that line points to Desert.cat, which can't be found. The best solution, though, would simply be to add the original SF2 to your installation base.

Eric Howes