So like in SF2NA, is it possible to off map air fields for Solomoms-V3 terrain such as Espirtu Santo?

How do you specify what kind of airplanes can use an off-map airbase?

Edited by PFunk

normally, by runway size

however, if one looks at the IcelandNA_targets.ini, you'll NOT see any runways listed. Just a location. Safe to assume (oh! that word!), that those aircraft are 'air starts' (or spawn).

Edited by Wrench

Where is the Hainan island thing covered?Last post I saw asked for a PM.

I don't know what I did with the zip after sending to whoever I sent it too!!

I guess I can try and relocate which mods folder has the new TFD, HFD, targets and types inis...and post them.

sometimes having multiple mods folders can be a real pain in the ass!! :biggrin:   You can easily forget where you were working on something, and what it was for!!

Thanks! That would be most kind of you. If you would do it.

Edited by usafphantom2

Anybody have check off map air bases, i put England airbase in my mod of Nf5 but i dont see it (at the moment) in the air...

Hans Topp:

NATO Fighters 5 already includes two off-map air bases in England --  RAF Lakenheath & RAF Upper Heyford. And they work in campaigns (that's been tested and verified). Why bother to add more?

Eric Howes

Hainan Island would be considered off map for an airbase? If not is there something in the KB about Airbase placement? Thanks for some helpful guidance.

Edited by usafphantom2

Hans Topp:

NATO Fighters 5 already includes two off-map air bases in England --  RAF Lakenheath & RAF Upper Heyford. And they work in campaigns (that's been tested and verified). Why bother to add more?

Eric Howes

Yes and i put one B-52 squadron there, i added russian air basesfor tu-95  too but i don't see his planes in campaign yet.....

Hans Topp:

There could be any number of reasons why you haven't seen the squadrons you added in campaigns (errors in the squadrons as added to the campaign INIs, not enough missions played, low probability for those aircraft to be selected by the game engine for missions based on the mission types assigned to them, etc.).

Eric Howes

Thanks Eric i need play more, lately i was editing more than playing and thats no good,

Wrench you made up the Hainan Island airfield for me! I attached my VietnamSEA TARGETS. It contains the Hainan airfield. It is the very last target on the list. It is called,

Haikou Meilan International Airport.

VIETNAMSEA_TARGETS.7z

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

won't work without the TFD and HFD for the terrain folder, gents.

Wrench, these should be the ones. Thus the reason I defer all "terraforming" questions to Mighty Wrench The Creator!

NamTFDHFD.7z

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Thanks Again SFC CrazyhorseB34! Wrench .Appreciate helpful CA members!

Edited by usafphantom2