Gepard can you tell me, if possible, which were the Lim-5 S/N´s, i, for some reason didn´t save the link you once sent me with some of them but wasn´t really sure if you can tell the Lim-5 from the MiG-17F´s, i´m just trying to be as precise as i can.

Thanks in advance, and any other of the German guys, if you have the info it´ll be greatly appreciated.

Enoc.

Lim was the polish designation for the licence built MiG-15 and 17. Lim-1 was the MiG-15 if i remember correctly.

The MiG-17F TK has in the game is basically a polish Lim-something. The soviet made MiG-17F had not had hardpoints for armament between gears and fuselage. They used only the hardpoints under the wings for fuel tanks and bombs. The hardpoint for unguided rockets, which is standard in game is a polish intention. The last Lim had additionally a brake chute container in the tailroot and a modified main gear. It had two smaller wheels instead the big one.

For the correct type designations i must check my achive first.

Thank you, we are cooking something for both and i wanted to make the German ones too.

Accordingly to the german book "MiG-Flugzeuge" by W. Kopenhagen Transpress Verlag 1988

the Lim's were

Lim-1  = MiG-15 licence by PZL (Panstwowe Zaklady Lotnicze)

Lim-2 =  MiG-15 bis

Lim-2A = MiG-15 UTI

Lim-2R = MiG-15bisR (recon bird)

Lim-5 = MiG-17F

Lim-5P = MiG-17PF

Lim-5M = MiG-17F fighterbomber (like stock MiG-17F in game)

Lim-5R = recon version

Lim-5MR = recon version with modified nose

Lim-6 = polish invented MiG-17F version with brakechute and other maingears.

Lim-6bis = improved version

Lim-6bisR = recon bird

The east german MiG-17F were mostly Lim-5 when delivered (only some came second had from soviet units). Later they were modified to Lim-5M standard. But it was always used the soviet name, not the polish designation

Edited by Gepard

Tactical numbers of MiG-17F of the JBG-31 (Jagdbombenfliegergeschwader 31)

The unit was formed in 1971 and used the MiG-17F till 1983. From 1980 it used the MiG-23BN.

Later got it the designation JBG-37 Klement Gottwald

The older tactical numbers of the fighter units i cant find.

Edited by Gepard

Thanks! that helped me a lot, now, i'll be creating the numbers shortly, i just got the MARS-2 rocket pod from Daniel, and got to paint it too :D thanks a lot Gepard :D

So, Gepard, are this all the numbers for this plane in Germany?

Got it now, BTW Soulfreak, do you have a suitable font to make the numbers in stencil like format or do i need to play and create them?

Hey Flogger,How's your SU-27 comming along?

Well to be honest they are almost ready but i´m thinking they can be improved, so let me take a look, gimme some days to do it :D

Thanks Paolo, actually this is a whole new model. i asked to Daniel to make it, is not only including the A/G ordnance pylons but also a new seat and the Mars-2 rocket pod, which i haven´t painted yet for laziness reasons :D

Now Gentlemen how do you see the numbers? and Gepard, i remember you once told me something about the insignia orientation, is this correct now?

post-37878-0-69028400-1377651875_thumb.jpg

post-37878-0-69447500-1377651878_thumb.jpg

Well to be honest they are almost ready but i´m thinking they can be improved, so let me take a look, gimme some days to do it :D

Thanks Paolo, actually this is a whole new model. i asked to Daniel to make it, is not only including the A/G ordnance pylons but also a new seat and the Mars-2 rocket pod, which i haven´t painted yet for laziness reasons :D

Now Gentlemen how do you see the numbers? and Gepard, i remember you once told me something about the insignia orientation, is this correct now?

I knew it and I like.

My decals are at your disposal (they were made using Souli temps .....)

:biggrin:

Thanks Paolo! and taking advantage of it, do you have the insignias Carlo is referring to? :D

I can make them later today for you Enoc....

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D i'll be in a seminar and will be out of home from 5AM to 9PM, so, no painting time for me until saturday, thanks you also for the colors chart to make the camuflaged ones :D