CaptSopwith

For Widow: Kermit Flies a Snipe

Here's a fantastic video of Kermit Weeks taking you for a walk-around tour of the Sopwith Snipe! Quite informative: I learned a lot about the plane!

Thanks Cap'n;

That was a great vid on the Snipe. Also a nice historical reference to the "Red Devil" ornament on the gun barrel which was unique to Barker. Didn't know it was still in manufacture!!

I must check to see if there is a second part to the vid.

Best Regards;

It was neat the way he explained the throttle mixture operation. Always wondered how that worked.

Beard

Fabulous find...thanks very much :)

That is a pretty interesting segment. He puts out a lot of information in those little clips.

Beard

Thanks for the vid Widow;

You have to really appreciate Kermit for giving such great instruction and vids for these vintage aircraft. Without them we would not likely ever see "how it is done".

Great post!

Best Regards;

You know, my mother & sister live right near there (Winter Haven, FL).  For her 85th birthday, my Mom rec'd a pass for herself and half price for 3 more friends or family, from her bank.  I had no idea such a rich source of aviation history, knowledge, and hands-on experience was right there.

Now, how to go about getting Mom a nice ride in a fully aerobatic biplane?  :HB:  :prankster: