MiG-19P/PF cockpit

MiG-19P / MiG-19PF cockpit

please read the readme.txt for more informations

as it's the same model as my Mig-17PF one (Izumrud-1) I simply used my avionics and meshes from said plane Volker

but yeah I had fun trying to mimic the real stuff in our limited west-oriented environment... Maybe if someone like Otto could give it a try..

Thank you for this cockpit! Now where can I find the Mig-19PF to download?

Can anybody give me a link to it? I searched but I didn't find it.

Thanks in advance!

Paladrian was the one who kicked in the red birds and provided fantastic MiG pits, now I`m very happy to have Stary with us and his great red pits! Man of the year for the red side of aviation history!

• Like 1

Thank you for this cockpit! Now where can I find the Mig-19PF to download?

Can anybody give me a link to it? I searched but I didn't find it.

Thanks in advance!

I have not come accross a MiG-19PF version in real life and the sources I have read (including Yefim Grodon's "bible" on the MiG-19) indicate just MiG-19P, MiG-19PM and MiG-19PT as major versions of the MiG-19P (the numerous test-beds and radar/missile, etc. upgrades excluded).

You can use that cockpit with:

- MiG-19P available here: http://combatace.com/files/file/10397-mig-19p-farmer-b/

- MiG-19PM available here: http://combatace.com/files/file/10400-mig-19pm-farmer-d/

- MiG-19PT available here: http://combatace.com/files/file/10399-mig-19pt-farmer-b/

Edited by Svetlin
  • Like 1

Thank you for the links Svetlin!

And I agree with Blackbird, now we have a lot Russian pits. There are a few left without a "proper" cockpit, like Mig-23, Mig-25 and Yak-38. Maybe in a future...

The cockpits created by Stary are fantastic because they give us not only accuracy but also their historical "spirit" for fully gaming!

Edited by Coupi

There are a few left without a "proper" cockpit, like Mig-23, Mig-25 and Yak-38. Maybe in a future...

Centurion works on very detailed MiG-25, I have -23BN in slooow development

@Svetlin, might be my typo, as stated in readme I tested this in P and due to files database corruption couldn't d/l other variants myself

• Like 1

That's OK Stary, I just wanted to direct mono27 to the aircrafts.

Great pits!

A mig 23BN cockpit? That sounds very interesting!

Stary could you please tell me where the fuel gauge is on this cockpit as well as your normal MiG-19 and MiG-17PFU cockpit?

Thank you for this great work, I'm having tons of fun doing intercepts with the MiG-17PFU against bombers and MiG-19 flights, I'm downloading the stuff right now to install this cockpit on the MiG-19PM missile armed version. i love intercepting bombers over the excellent Korea map in the late 50s/early 60s, pretending the war didn't end and simulating Soviet interceptors and pilots sent to North Korea in North Korean markings to help, just as in the early days of Korean war Soviet pilots were sent to help as North Korea had very few pilots. This is why in the opening days of the war the MiG-15 did much better against the Sabres, once Soviet aces were replaced with inexperienced North Korean pilots the Americans had much more luck.

I would also like to add that your MiG-17PFU flight model is very realistic, I was reading how during Vietnam war MiG-19s were sent as MiG-17 could not intercept B-52s effectively, trying ingame to intercept B-52 in the MiG-17 at 30,000 feet is very difficult as one you finally get to height your engines are so weak that you must use full afterburner to catch up to the B-52s and even just barely, MiG-19 is much better at this.

Edited by FightingFulcrum

Hi Stary! Do you have a SU-25 Cockpit with a TV Display working? of you do so, ill be very gratefull, need that one to finish my project, ill send you it when its done so u can enjoy it, weights only 5-6 gb and got 80 jetfighters, blessings & best regards! <3 :D

stary hasn't worked in the community for quite some time ... so, not likely to happen. Also, if you'll notice, the thread is from 2013?? So... there you go

Contrary to popular beliefs I am still around, but nah, never worked on Su-25 one, Su-22 I had in hiatus for 3+ years so can't say if and when given my current modding break/leave.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I just noticed that the speed indicator in the F-14 Tomcat by TMF (TheMirageFactory) only shows up to 800 kts, and the Mach indicator does not move, not letting you know the speed of the aircraft if you have your HUD turned off.
      As you can see down here, i'm at Mach 2.23, but the indicator only shows 800 kts and doesn't go above. Obviously it adapts to my altitude, so if i'm higher, then the IAS is lower, but still should move, making it impossible flying at high speed without HUD turned on as i have it down here:

Another issue, maybe even worse than the previous one, is that the fuel indicator shows wrong numbers, or as i may think, it shows "a number less". For example: if i have 20000 pounds of fuel left, it should show 20000, but it shows 02000. This is a theory on how it works, not confirmed, and i'm gonna explain you why i think it is like that:
      I hardly think i truly have 2000 pounds of fuel left, cause i choose Fuel 100% and tried climbing and flying for a long time with full afterburner, and the numbers slowly started going down, even reached the point of burning the engine at Mach 2.30and the fuel wasn't gone yet, it showed i had like 00700 left, so i presume it's 20000 in reality, otherwise i would have been out of fuel in no time, since it's a quantity even under the bingo quantity, but i flew for minutes and minutes in full afterburner, and at 8x speed, so. Speaking of Bingo, there's no bingo indicator.
      Here's a picture of the fuel indicator:

I tried the default F-14 cockpit, and even if that one shows correctly both speed and fuel indicators and even if it's a great cockpit, i personally like more and find more realistic and immersive the TMF one.
      In the end, since these two indicators are crucial, especially for flying without HUD, and the fuel indicator especially, since there's no way to know how much fuel you have left even with HUD turned on other than the cockpit indicator.
      So, what i'm asking is:
      Is there a way to fix these? A mod that remakes the indicators? Or another cockpit that is not the default one that i can use to swap this one?
      Thanks in advance for helping me.
    • By muhammad
      Hi everyone!
      after few miles of scrolling .INI files and testing everything on the game
      FINALY:
      " Cockpit Shadows " !!
      --!  enabling process is same for each plane  ! --
      --!  enabling process should apply on each plane you like to have cockpit shadows on 'em  ! --
      --!  Be Advised !: This "Cockpit Shadows" has some little BUGs so we all should work on it together to make it better  !-- 
      It's better than nothing :D

* Q: How to enable Cockpit Shadows?
      - A: All you need to do is to make a .INI file with the same name and right at the place your chosen plane cockpit 3D file ( .LOD ) is located.
      Example: 
      !! [  Cockpit file are located at the folder with the same name (most of the times)  ] !!
      SHO to Viper team F-16 BLK 30 to act like a test plane 

here the plane's Cockpit 3D model is the LOD file named " Cockpit_F-16C_B30.LOD " and above of that, our personally made .INI file;
      Now
      Inside the .INI file we should drop this :

[Shadow]
      CastShadow=TRUE
      ShadowCastDist=5000
      MaxVisibleDistance=800 
      -------------------------------------------------
      * you are free to change the numbers  
      -------------------------------------------------

here's an example file which you have to change it's name to the plane's cockpit file name !
      plane's cockpit file name.INI

*with this simple trick you can enable shadows for every .LOD file.
      feel free to ask.

alexis99 thanks for that little help

sorry for bad English :)
      hope ya'll enjoy!
      one love.

plane's cockpit file name.INI
    • By LaoHu
      Would it be possible to put a photograph in your cockpit? Often pilots are shown to have a photo of a loved one inside their cockpit attached to the dashboard to remind them of home, give them inspiration, etc. Would it be possible to stick one in a cockpit through some kind of texture edit or something? 
    • By michaelk

View File MiG-19P/PT Cockpit Upgrade
      MiG-19 P/P(late)/PT, Stary's cockpts small tweak.
      1.ASP-5N/AR-18-8 Sight with working systems (looks like a real scope as far as possible).
      2.Correct Cyrillic Markings/Words analogs (some have been replaced by similar ones).
      Thanks this great cockpits autor (Stary).

Submitter michaelk Submitted 03/04/2023 Category Jet Cockpits  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..