usafphantom2

Windows7 Explorer reset fix

HI Everybody, Found This fix online. Open your windows folder and scroll down till you find the file Explorer.exe, Then copy, not cut/paste  into your C:\Windows\System32 folder. That's it and it worked on mine so I  hope it will do the same for you. 

Win7Home64bit Sp1. Thanks to xdozex in Microsoft community. :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Wondering why this needs to be done, what dose it fix?

If your desktop keeps resetting itself, Seem's to happen more with Nvidia drivers. If you have the problem you know it. 

I used to get this a lot on my lappy when I ran intensive graphics games and I've got an AMD Radeon graphics card. When the system allocates more memory for the graphics or whatever it dumps windows explorer or some of the program in memory gets wiped out so it goes first to the c:\windows\system32\ directory to find explorer.exe  to restart it but since the program resides in the 64 bit common directory it throws an error, mine resets after a couple of seconds and it's annoying but it wasn't bad. This fix simply puts the file in two places so either place it goes looking for it it will be there. Doesn't change anything about how windows runs, etc., This is a good fix just wish it didn't take me hours to find it months ago when I was looking for it and now it just just falls from the sky like rain.

Good job finding it.

I see, will this work for Win7 32 and XP 32? I've had this happen with XP.

It shouldn't since the reason it fails in 64-bit is the program is in a different location. In 32-bit, it's already there.