Erik

We NEED You!

CombatACE is looking for some journalism staff that enjoy doing small write ups, reviews of products, and interviews with community members. Finding someone for the key roll of editor in chief is a critical component to our future. If you are interested in performing this very important role and have time on your hands I'd like to discuss a future with you. Please PM me directly and let's find a place to showcase your talents. All interested will be considered.

• Like 2

I would suggest putting this on the front page of the website, perhaps in recent news. Let everybody know possible.

All ready is pcpilot. When you make a new post in this forum its goes on the front page.

I could write, I suppose. I don't think I'd be good as an editor though.

Well we do need writers or we wouldn't need an editor in chief lol

EJ is a writer sort of, isn't he?

• Like 1

Journalist I am not, however; devil's advocate I am. I look forward to seeing how this pans out. I would be happy to contribute my thoughts and views for the editor in chief once that person(s) are found.

Well I'd be happy to do a short write-up on something so that you can decide whether you'd even want me on board. Downloading DCS World on Steam right now, haven't played it yet.

The ultimate goal is to develop a journalism staff so there's tons of opportunity. I'm asking that those interested send me a PM so I can keep track of everyone and make sure I invite all interested to future correspondence. I look forward to seeing this become reality. Thank you for your interest.

Team,

Sorry, my writing / editing skills are good but not that good.

KRFRGE

Erik, while my current work schedule excludes the possibility of EIC, I could do the odd piece now and then if you needed.  I have done a fair bit of writing over the years, and when it comes to the hard-hitting journalistic style I can offer the following as some examples of my work:

http://combatace.com/topic/66282-the-illustrated-boc-news-july-9-2011/?p=509360

http://combatace.com/topic/66435-the-illustrated-boc-news-july-16-2011/?p=511039

http://combatace.com/topic/66157-the-illustrated-boc-news-july-4-2011/?p=508127

But seriously, I'd be happy to lend what talent I have when time allows.

Cheers!

Lou

I would be more of a freelancer, I would wright something up and submit it, if you like it use it if not, no hurt feelings here. The question is what topics would you want things to be written on? All sim stuff, armed forces, real world, RPG's, console games, fire arms, etc. What would the main content you'd be looking for. I see this site as way more than just a sim based site.

Yes Team, more than one person would be awesome and give the feeling of less pressure. Freelance is definitely great too. If you will all just drop me a PM so I can keep those interested sorted out we'll get together and discuss this so we can put something together.

Thanks for the great support.

We don't want people to feel like "ugh, if I say yes then I'm going to be stuck writing things on a regular schedule."

That's not what we're looking for. We're looking for enough people so that when all of them are turning something in from time to time we get a steady stream. You don't need to be doing something twice a month, every month, and 3 times on holidays. :wink:

We don't need to put out something every day. I think right now if we could get a couple or more per month published it would be a great start, and while a weekly feature would be awesome as an end goal, don't feel pressured that we need to get that result by the start of October or anything. Breaking that out for example means 52 per year, and if each person does something say every other month, that would only require 9 people. With 4 people we could average something every other week, or alternatively with 9 people only doing something once a quarter. And that's what we'd like to build towards, not what we want out of the gate. So if everyone who was interested did just one thing, and we spread it out biweekly we could get to the end of the year easily. Then next year you could submit another.

As for what to write about, as long as there's no duplication of efforts we want to broaden our site's sights. :wink: Excited about Arma 3? Or rFactor 2? Or some hardware that enhances simming? Are you a modder that could write a brief how-to on building a plane for SF2? Even a commentary on the state of the flight sim industry, a guest editorial of sorts? I've been meaning to review both DCS World and the ATAG mod for Il-2:CloD, but I've had far too little time to devote to either so far to do them justice.

In other words it's not the writing that's the problem, it's finding the time to use the products enough to write an informed review. So if there's something you use all the time, and you're so familiar with it you could give a dissertation in your sleep, think about writing something on it for the site. Those of us who haven't had the time may find your experience informative!

This isn't for money, it's not a job, this is for the longevity of the hobby and the site. You give what you can for the benefit of all.