Sign in to follow this  
paulopanz

Sukhoi Su-9 "Fishpot-B" - DLC AI planes pack 2 -

Sukhoi Su-9 "Fishpot-B" - DLC AI planes pack 2 -

The Su-9 emerged from aerodynamic studies by TsAGI, the Soviet aerodynamic center, during the Korean War, which devised several optimum aerodynamic configurations for jet fighters.

The design first flew in 1956 as the T-405 prototype.

The Su-9 was developed at the same time as the Su-7 'Fitter', and both were first seen by the West at the Tushino Aviation Day on 24 June 1956, where the Su-9 was dubbed Fitter-B.

It entered service in 1959.

Total production of the Su-9 was about 1,100 aircraft.

It is believed that at least some Su-9s were upgraded to Su-11 'Fishpot-C' form.

None were exported to any of the USSR's client states nor to the Warsaw Pact nations.

Remaining Su-9s and later Su-11s were retired during the 1970s.

Some were retained as test vehicles or converted to remote-piloted vehicles for use as unmanned aerial vehicles.

It was replaced by the upgraded Su-11 and the much-superior Su-15 'Flagon' and MiG-25 'Foxbat'.

What's in:

- a new flyable plane

- great Stary's cockpit built in

- 6 simple (but all I found) skins includind famous 179 IAP one

- specific sound

- pilot

- animated canopy

- screens

Credits:

- plane Tk [DLC AI planes pack 2]

- cockpit Stary (readme included)

- sound Spillone104

- Skins/decals/edits paulopanz

Install:

- put all in main mod folder and overwrite

Note:

Su-9.ini is flagged as only reading (sola lettura) to avoid patching rewriting, so the plane will be flyable until you'll not change files property, maybe to add further skins. By the way a recovery copy is included.

This is for Stary the "pitmaker".

Enjoy

Pavel Osipovich Panz :biggrin:

Comrade Osipovich Panz, P.

for your starry service for the CA OKB you are rewarded with new drawing board and luxorious shed in our growing camp's east corner where you will be moved immediately! To work! Uraaa!

thanks alot Paulo! :ok:

• Like 1

Thanks Paulo & Stary. :good:

(no sound file inside pack)

Thanks Paulo & Stary. :good:

(no sound file inside pack)

Thanks mate, V. 1.1 with correct sound added ready to download.

Sorry.

:biggrin: 

• Like 3

I was looking though Yefrim Gordon' book the Fitter family, and it mentions the flaps were used on landing only. So, maybe it's not such a big deal???

Great Pack Paulo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hoped this pack could be useful, and I'm very happy You liked too.

My wishes are for Russo's Su-11 now .....

.... meanwhile I'm toyng with old Bunyap La-9/11 as revamped by Kevin, with a plenty of colorfull new skins I made sometimes ago and of course their proper fantastic Stary's pit :biggrin:

Oh! Yes Paulo your pack is very good! good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

@ Kevin,... I didn't know the flaps use! blush2.gif.pagespeed.ce.FfsTJsX8hN.gif

Best regards,

Coupi.

I hoped this pack could be useful, and I'm very happy You liked too.

My wishes are for Russo's Su-11 now .....

.... meanwhile I'm toyng with old Bunyap La-9/11 as revamped by Kevin, with a plenty of colorfull new skins I made sometimes ago and of course their proper fantastic Stary's pit :biggrin:

Concerning the Lavochkin LA-9/11 the old model is pretty good except for the dam shadow issue. If Bunyap himself or someone else could fix that, we´ll have a fantastic model. The new Stary cockpit makes this fix a must wanted especially for the Korean War. Saddly I´m not able to do it...

• Like 2

Concerning the Lavochkin LA-9/11 the old model is pretty good except for the dam shadow issue. If Bunyap himself or someone else could fix that, we´ll have a fantastic model. The new Stary cockpit makes this fix a must wanted especially for the Korean War. Saddly I´m not able to do it...

That's true.   I don't know if someone could have the original files  to fix them, I fear not ..... but I always hope  in a fix  :search:

still working on the 11 paulo...remaking the fuselage etc..  :)

• Like 1

That's true.   I don't know if someone could have the original files  to fix them, I fear not ..... but I always hope  in a fix  :search:

Gents, I just found a terrible bug of LA series... The 3D does not have a static prop! That´s true! This issue alone makes me think on a possibility of a new La-9/11 model to replace the Jurassic Bunyap´s. Any takers?

yes it doesn't :sad:

Cocas started the La-9, but after peekind into the max file myself it's still very early and he has other priorities...

Bunyap's model is fantastic, except

1)lack of static prop

2)shadow issues!!!!

3)nowadays specular and normal maps makes things pretty pretty

oh and curent FM is kind of questionary -that's why I had overpowered the engine in my data included with cocpit to prevent wingmen from stalling on take offs

• Like 1

Is there any way to get working flaps?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Edited by manukar

you can't.

they exist only in a 'virtual' state (ie: as data ini entries only).

the meshes were never cut and animated. This is because we, as players, were never supposed to actually fly it.