Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Anyone See This?

Wow 148 views an not a single comment. Anyone at all? Or should I chalk this up as a case of no one gives a damn?

I guess it's because we're a shy lot... or very few of us feel having the competence/time/motivation required to effectively do the job and thus don't set themselves up to fail CA... that would be my guess.

• Like 1

Guess it's what Gunnrunner says

I dont think its that no one gives a damn. To be the one hmfic for this could be alot for one members plate. Perhaps a board of editors, so that the one who has the time can take it, but not the same person all the time.

• Like 1

We need a staff of writers, news gathers, reviews and the editor to run them. We cannot hang on this Strike Fighters crap forever or much longer. We need to turn this into a simulation gaming site. So we need a staff who want to and like to do this stuff. 

We cannot hang on this Strike Fighters crap forever or much longer.

Well, it is about damn time...  :P

Editing isn't really the Achilles' heel here. It's getting the stuff that needs to be edited. If we have that, the rest will fall into place.

If everyone who could would write just ONE thing, even if it took a month or two to do, we'd be in great shape. There are enough people here that we'd have enough stuff for months. And none of this "my writing would sink the site" crap, because that's what editors are for. :grin:

Look at my Il-2:CloD review. That thing took me maybe 2 hours to write over a weekend including putting in the screenshots and prettying it up. The clincher was the amount of time I spent flying it to get it done, and as it wasn't something I was already devoting much time to (because of my disappointment), it took a long time until I was ready to write it.

So write about what you know. If in addition to flying SF2 you play a lot of DCS, or Arma, or COH2, or ANYTHING that we have forums here for from air to ground to sea to racing, just do that. You may already have a well-informed opinion and all you need to do is grab a few screenshots and spend one night writing, or take a week and write a little each night.

We don't necessarily need you to install something for the first time and do a piece on what it's like coming in blind. A review with dozens of hours of usage behind it trumps one that has just two. It doesn't even need to be a current game review per se. You could do a mod for SF2, or a campaign AAR for something, or a retro writeup on the joys of Jane's F-15 or F4 BMS or TAW.

• Like 1