Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

MiG-35

Didn't realise anyone had actually ordered any.............................

Programme delays have postponed the delivery of 37 RAC MiG-35 advanced multirole fighter aircraft ordered by the Russian air force until 2016, instead of this year as originally planned.

Yury Borisov, deputy defence minister, blamed the hiatus on the industry's "unreadiness to fulfil the contract".

"We are shifting the purchase of the MiG-35s to 2016 and will buy 16 MiG-29SMT aircraft for now," Borisov says. "The finance ministry is not against this," he adds.

Borisov's comments on 20 August follow a report a few days earlier in the Russian business daily Kommersant that revealed the order, which the paper said was worth $1.1 billion, had been delayed.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/russia-delays-air-force-mig-35-deliveries-to-2016-over-industry-snags-389723/

Is not the first time, that RSK MiG is unable to deliver planes in scheduled timeframe. Look to India and the MiG-21Bison. It had a delay by some years.

They seem to have a serious disconnect between design and production. It doesn't matter how good a plane you can design if you can't get it built.

Hello,

About the MiG production plans I suppose the MiG-29K for Russian & Indian navies is a top priority!

An interesting video: http://indrus.in/multimedia/video/2013/08/19/assembly_of_mig-29k_naval_fighters_28617.html

And,... is there news about the "MiG-E" project? Few years ago I read this fighter project had to replace the Fulcrum family!

Many thanks for the link,

Best regards,

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

I've seen nothing on any MiG-E project myself - was this another Stealth fighter?

Nice video though 

AFAIK the new MiG-29K (9.41) Fulcrum D has similarities to the MiG-29M (9.61) Fulcrum E

The MiG-35 Fulcrum F should surpass both on paper - although I would think Indian upgrades to the K might bring it close in the future

I can't keep all the variants and subvariants straight anymore.