Sign in to follow this  

so,

Ejectvelocity=0.0,0.0,0.0

1st number - is left angle?...

middle is - forwards + aft ?

last ones

- down + up ?

when ive set coords just rotate helper to get the ange of ejection?...

thnx in advance..

I never can remember this procedure lol

Paskos Fantail doesnt have ejecting shells but it did eject them...its ports are forward just of wing roots and down a bit...

post-1981-0-72934400-1377462786_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-23464700-1377462793_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

yup, good old XYZ in metres, offset from CG/zero

I'm pretty sure that EjectPosition= is the place (in metres, from the CoG) where the shell casings originate from, and EjectVelocity= is the initial velocity in metres per second.

So EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-2.0 gives an initial velocity of 0 in the left/right direction, 0 in the fore/aft direction, and 2 metres per second downwards.

yes indeed Gatlin...was looking at my hawk gunpod and realised that as long as you know position and in max just add angle but cant recall how to set angle..

Edited by russouk2004

they need to be set so...eject 45 degrees angle down to left and slightly aft (to simulate the a\c forwards movement) and can only see it ejecting the shells in game straight angles to left and right...

Edited by russouk2004

These would be a bit excessive I think but good for a demo of the 45' effect you want -

Down, left and aft would be Ejectvelocity=-9.00, -9.00,-3.00

Down, right and aft would be Ejectvelocity=9.00, -9.00,-3.00

These would be 9m/s down + 9m/s left/right (giving 45' angle away) and 3m/s rearwards. You'd probably on need a velocity of around 2m/s I think rather than the 9m/s I've put here which is a bit OTT :grin:

Have a play with the figures to get the look you're after just remember to keep the 1st two figures matching (regardless of +/-) the you'd get a 45' angle away from the A/C.

The Chaff/Flares use the same setup and I'm forever fiddling to get it looking just right :grin:

Edited by ianh755