Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

How do I create a Dashed line in PS CS3 (NOT dotted)?

Hi All, I'm having issues finding out how to do this so I thought I'd ask here. I can already create a dotted line in PS (using Brush tip spacing) but how can I create a Dashed line instead i.e ------------- not .............. for things line warning signs etc

When I try, the dashes stay in the same direction so a vertical line has horizontal dashes

_

_

_

_
_

instead of

I

I

I

I

I

has anyone got any ideas? At this point I'm think of going back to a normal straight line and using the eraser to remove bits as it seems easier, if a lot more time consuming!

Cheers!

still somewhat time consuming but less than using the eraser, why not get the number of dashes and spacing set written normal then rotate the layer to the desired angle?

Thats kind of what I'm doing now - I make a layer of dashes by drawing a line and deleting sections, and then duplicate that layer and rotate it for what ever angle I need. What would be nice is if you could draw a shape using line/rectangle/circle tool and then click a brush option for dashes and the use the Spacing slider to make them bigger/smaller so I don't have 115 line layers as I do currently (before I finally merge them all into one).

Edited by ianh755

Bingo!!!!! I was using the right area (spacing) but not the parts (roundness/angle)

Cheers Claw - Have an Internet Cookie

cookie.jpg

My pleasure.

Thanks for the cookie! (although my dentist advised to block all cookies)

Also, did you read the first comment at the bottom of that guide ? been doing it that way for aloooông time now, makes for a less stressful life.....lol

I use paintshop pro 7.4 for skins...

it has in built dashed lines etc..loads of preset shapes ...lines are a breeze