Stratos

Slewable radar cursors, are possible somehow?

Wondering If is there any way we can add "slewable" radar cursors to our planes, so we can:

- Slew radar cursors in A/A and A/G mode.

- Move sensor on weapons like the Mavericks

Last time I asked I think TK don't let us do something like that. BUT, is possible somehow?

That would be super cool!  We could manually guide the AGM- 83 bulldog!  Don't know if it's possible.  

nope

but... many months ago mlracing showed video of slewable EOs in his tweaked (hacked) version; that among other very cool things

• Like 1

nopebut... many months ago mlracing showed video of slewable EOs in his tweaked (hacked) version; that among other very cool things

Link to that video please? If he did it maybe we can do it again. Will improve my experience 100%!

don't have links, he used to post videos at SimHQ, there and here though was accused of fakery so he disappeared, sma;; flamewar followed

shame no one of those who accused him (side note: it isn't that easy to fake certain aspects of ingame videos) saw his code works on F-18 OIF

Need to found his videos and his name. It was miracing?? If we can do it, what stop us? The lack of how is done?

First TK should develop proper HUD collimation. I hate these floating HUDs around cockpit. As to the slewable radar cursor, honestly I dont see the point, 'jumping' between targets is quite fast not to mention you can change cursor speed via avionics ini so?        

yes I think there are more "mindane" features we need fixed first

as fow slewable avionics/sensors, I can see it being ince addition yet not that high on my personal priority list

sorry, "mundane"

I remember talking with thirdwire a long time ago about certain aspects of their engine. They mentioned that the costs were astronomical and that certain features were left out so they wouldn't alienate a certain crowd. Unfortunately they felt as if they already had which killed their market.

Personally I would like to manually target objects using the FLIR camera as there are times in game targeting system does not select a target of interest. It would also add a new dynamic to the game with the ability for a fighter craft to laser designate targets for a B-1 that is nearby. You clear the enemy fighters and then point out the targets for the B-1 to strike.

All things are possible if given the time and effort I think meaning certain modifications would have to be made to the current engine to allow it. Until those modifications are made then its going to have to be a no.

• Like 1

Everyone has his own interests and wishes, slewable radar cursor is mine. Trying to contact MLRacing to see If he can tell me how to do it.

It seems that he made his work using a HEX editor. No idea of how he found what to change. Will keep trying to get in contact with him. Maybe he can solve the floating CCIP problem too.

Everyone has his own interests and wishes, slewable radar cursor is mine. Trying to contact MLRacing to see If he can tell me how to do it.

Hey Stratos I didn't want to sound offensive so sorry man. I think frustrations with TK lack of ability to make some sense with this series arise cr@p in me lol

In my eyes he totally wasted potential of this sim.    

Hey Stratos I didn't want to sound offensive so sorry man.

Don't worry, no offense taken. Wondering If we have a Hex editor expert in the commnunity? From my point of view is time we start moving by ourselves.

Yeah I was thinking the same way. Mlracing did in few weeks what TK was asked for years. If he isn't interested in developing PC version why not just pull the plug and publish source code? People would do things on their own.

If he isn't interested in developing PC version why not just pull the plug and publish source code? People would do things on their own.

It would be good if TK decides follow the style of Team Daidalos of IL-2 Sturmovik, by hiring a trustworthy third-party team who would continue on developing and improving SF's for PC.

BTT, it's great to have manual target designation to put PGMs on what you want, where you want, especially on those birds on the ground, although I'm afraid such a feature (like other stuff such as IFR) wouldn't be on TK's agenda.

Hmmm, hex editing the game? Isn't that a shady thing? :unsure:

Hmmm, hex editing the game? Isn't that a shady thing? :unsure:

Not if you're not making any $ out of it, in my opinion. And what's TK gonna do, sue you? He couldn't even bothered to pursue some Chinese asswipes for pirating his games and 3d models......

EDIT: Again, in MY opinion, SF2 code hacking should have happened LONG time ago, considering the lack of resources on TW's side to develop this series properly...unfortunately we're lacking some clever Russian programmers interested in SF games.. (cough, IL-2, cough).

Edited by SFP1Ace
  • Like 1

Some time ago people talk about buying a "REALISM EXPANSION" from TK. MAybe we should make a list of what we need, put money and hire a guy that can do it. I will pay good money for some enhancements.

• Like 1

In Flight Refueling is possible in SF1, but with limitations. The current update for the GAF Tornados includes an A310MRTT tanker built inside the LOD. Player is of course not able to "catch" the basket, but you will have a visual tanker with the aircraft refueling probe docked to the basket. If the model could been used in SF1, you would have at least the best IFR procedure we could come up with. Sadly, kreelin´s refueler mod is working only in SF1. TK has changed the source code in SF2 so the game engine will ignore a negative fuel flow value.

If we would ask TK for a patch, letting the game use these negative fuel flow again, at least third party aircraft could have IFR.

Only problem would be, no AI will ever use that.

Edited by Florian

TK will never change such things, he already said it, he even was thinking in mixing gear and flaps in one button!! He want a easier game, not a sim. So our only option is to do things by ourselves, or at least hire someone that can do it for us.

...or at least hire someone that can do it for us.

Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.

Of course, is not easy, but I'm sure there are hex editor experts for hire out there. Problem is the money, BUT who will not pay a bit for some features fixed? or added? Slewable radar cursors, A/A refueling, fixed floating HUD... I'm sure I will, and I'm sure others will agree too.

• Like 1

Of course, is not easy, but I'm sure there are hex editor experts for hire out there. Problem is the money, BUT who will not pay a bit for some features fixed? or added? Slewable radar cursors, A/A refueling, fixed floating HUD... I'm sure I will, and I'm sure others will agree too.

Well, your next step is pretty obvious then ; )

Well, your next step is pretty obvious then ; )

Sure, but how to proceed? Reach an agreement trough polls here about:

- What features we want the most

- And how much we will pay for them?

What do you think?

Thats what I think. Create a private forum with acces for several long time users and contributors so we can decide what can be added and prepare the polls.

• Like 2

TK will never change such things, he already said it, he even was thinking in mixing gear and flaps in one button!! He want a easier game, not a sim. So our only option is to do things by ourselves, or at least hire someone that can do it for us.

I believe also he will never do it. But that way we would know for sure and use the Hex Editing as sort of backup.

For the how and stuff, make two polls. First what is wanted and second (when first has ended) what would you pay for the most top rated things?

Some things might be pretty easy. I remember a video of mlracing, where the tires touching the runway generated smoke. That should be pretty easy as the sound is already linked to that event. "Just" need to tell the game engine to also add an effect also.

Things like IFR or targeting changes might be harder to edit. That should be of course in mind when giving a poll about the price.

For most of the things we want, simple hex edits of exe won't do. Disassemble the exe and dll, learn (understand) the TK's code, modify the code, reassemble the code either by creating new exes/dlls to start the game with, or by creating an injectors injecting the modified code into the memory at runtime...All of the above requires experienced C++/Assembler (?) coders.......