what I need (well, would like to have -- as I don't like demanding things) are some soviet strategic rockets; something like the R7.

they don't need to do anything, just sit on a lunch pad as a terrain object, waiting to be blown up. A very simple shape (I hope!) with a minimalistic skin.

I could also use a building/object something like as seen below ...

chinese-secret-laser-disable-US-satellit

(once I locate WHERE the installation is "rumored" to be...)

TIA!

Edited by Wrench

yes, on the R7. just like that

as to the laser....have to hunt around for those. not a lot available, really. To me, it looks like a oversized searchlight, on top of a building.

the book describes it inside a domed structure, like a telescope observatory

Am I too late to enter?

r7.png

• Like 1

Russ, it needs to swivel and tilt like a AAA gun.  Then I can make something for it, sort of like what takes place on this video at 2:17 

that looks good russ!!

(although I like Eriks, too!!)

ed, that looks about right! (beam width is never described, only the EMP and heat/shock wave effects)

Edited by Wrench

If i am guessing a Dale Brown book, thought it was housed in a dome. Now gotta find a copy and reread wether right or wrong on my guess

I'm sure there's a map in the book showing the route of the flight and the location of the target.

I'll dig out my old copy over the weekend and see if I can scan it.

Thank You Allen!! Good thinking!!

I'd forgotten the map inside the front cover!!!

now, using that, and statements in the book that Ossora radar was searching (after they'd passed to the west of it, hugging the central mountain range).... and now being somewhat intimate with the lay of the land... using the TFD tool... and can get a general plot for the location. Based upon this, there are several possible locations on Baltika's map....

location 1, puts it between Korf and Pakhachi,, in a SAM dead zone

location 2 puts it seemingly closer to (off map places) and the book map image, but is periously close to The Wall

and it's only going to exist for 12 months (active date and inactive dates)

pity FastCargo never finished the EB-52. Oh, well. This is more under the heading of "Easter Egg", but I thought it'd be fun to have (after all, Chuthlu already's on the map!!)

Just after posting that screen,I retsrted pc,and backup 500gb hd went dead...it powers up and will not show up on bios screen etc...all cables etc been checked...hd just stopped...no sign it was going to die...I am well pissed off as it has all my latest stuff on it...max files,templates...I have backups of the backups but NOT stuff for all the new stuff ive posted in last few weeks..

taking hd to be looked at tomorrow,I think its not the disc but electronic failure,so i may be able to get the data back

Russ,

That's not good.  I do not recommend purchasing a dedicated backup drive, as I've seen too many of them fail. Instead, I urge you to  go with an external eSATA/USB HDD dock, such as this one by Thermaltake: http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-BlacX-eSATA-Docking-Station/dp/B001A4HAFS .   One can then pick up several inexpensive SATA drives to use as backup media (it even accepts 2.5" notebook drives)

Bought myself a 3tb hd,and docking station...pcb failed on WD caviar hd,good news is...got another one with good pcb so hope fully after swapping it over ,should get stuff back.

hurray!!! 

nice!

R7 Launch Base Wip.

post-300-0-12760900-1378498271_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Kev...this do?...

done 3d stuff...resizing it...no idea how big they are ?

Russ, it needs to swivel and tilt like a AAA gun.  Then I can make something for it, sort of like what takes place on this video at 2:17

I know m8...b4 hd went tits up...was doing that...see pics :)

post-1981-0-08947000-1378678398_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-72371500-1378678403_thumb.jpg

that is frakking AWESOME!!!

I can build the search and track radars right into the object via the data ini.  Use Ed's laser effect, etc

got a spot all picked out for it, too. That empty space in the middle (the radar dome in the foreground has been repurposed/repainted to represent a small reactor facility, with the heat exchanger cooling towers to the right)

coupled with Raven's super-cool R7 bases, Kamchatka gonna be a busy, good looking place!!

what really funny, all this work for a facility with only a 12 month operational life span ...(1987-88)

Cool...for size I think this laser "looks" like it should be about 2.5 metres high?  what you think?

well, in the book, an AGM-130 flys into the dome, and wedges into the support struts (before expoldifiying). The pics I researched seem to indicate a minimium mirror size of about 2 meters (maybe?)

I figure the laser building (which one can assume -oh! that word!!-) to be at least 2-3 stories tall, projector on top. what with the radars, power systems, cooling systems, control rooms and so forth

so, maybe the building 10-15 meters tall, including the projector on top??  It's all guesswork!!

hmmm ok...well heres one on ground...with access to inside.(control room?)..will map it and add door...mebbe we can have 2...another on tower.

I ll map it and export it tomorrow as ive got day off.

post-1981-0-16749700-1378687763_thumb.jpg

on hold sorry kev...destination time...2 weeks lol..literally.as we are moving,into new place 2 weeks time,so pc is boxed up...

no problem, Russ.

I've still got the rebuild the movements ini, and try to figure out why 2 airfields have sections unflattenable (2 on the US side, of course!)

No matter what I do, just doesn't seem to work!!